wires warming up

alley mechanic

First of all let me start out by saying i havent been on here in a long while sleds have been sitting due to lack of snow in indiana and working all the time now that i am retired maybe that all be changing, now here is
my question we have a 98 mxz 440 fan cooled sled,
last time we ran it i found the plastic connector that has four wires coming from the stator the yellow wire was arcing to the clip that holds the connector to the engine well it meltd the connector so i put plug ins on each of the wires since the connector is obsolite , what i have found is when you run hand warmers and thumb warmers on high the yellow wire coming from the stator gets very warm is this normal battery charges ok moter runs fine no fuses get blown maybe someone can answer this question thank you.

Alley mechanic

Any time wires get very hot is ususally a high resistance somewhere, wether it be dirty connections or something wrong with either the grips or the thumb warmer. Try running it and only using the hand warmers and then try it the other way and see if the wires get warm. You want to try and elimate the cause so you can repair. Don't forget to find the grounds and check. Just a thaught.