WIRING ON 09 POLARIS IQ

trailburner30

I am looking to wire an HJC heated shield to my 600 IQ. On my previous sleds (Edge chasis'), I would tap into the yellow wire off of the voltage regulator. I don't see a spot like this on the IQ.

In a previous post, someone stated that Polairs sells an accessory plug that plugs into the main harness on the sled and would allow me to wire the shield plug to it. I talked with my local dealer today and the "parts guy" said Polairs does not make this adapter plug.

I see there are a couple open plugs on the harness near the secondary clutch - both have brown or yellow wires going into the plugs, but I don't want to cut into those wires if they are for another purpose.

Is the parts guy wrong, or is there another spot I am not seeing? Where should I tap in????

mustsled2

I had the dealer do mine on iq 550 and iq 600 . The plug is on the steering post right under the hood. The only question the dealer needed to know was the brand of helmit, hjc or polaris. They are different plugs. Both sleds are 2009.

polarisrider1

Go to the dollar store and get a tester. Start the sled, ground the aligator clip end to frame, put pointy end of tester into ends of wires on steering post. Try all the wires (red first) If it lights up Bingo!! That is how I did my GPS. Then I went to NAPA for an ascessory outlet and hooked it up to those wires. Black 9 times out of 10 is a ground wire on a sled. White wire on a sled trailer is ground also.

mustsled2

Sorry i can't help you with witch wire to tap into. I bought the set up from polaris, it is a male plug that plugs into a female that already exists on the wire cluster at the top of the steering post.

trailburner30

Thanks mustsled - I think you answered my original question. The set up you bought from Polaris that plugs into the wire cluster - was it bought through a dealer or online from Polaris' site.

polarisrider1

Dealer $30, NAPA $8. same thing.
120792.jpg

trailburner30

I used the wiring diagram from 6mile to find the accessory wires I've been looking for. Polaris is now using a red and white for the hot and a brown for the ground. I was looking for yellow wire for the hot (that was the hot color on the edge sleds). No problem to wire the shield cord to that accessory plug.

That was all I needed - thanks 6mile!