Wow.....what a moving Journal!

dewders

John, I'm a 6'3" 300# man sitting here with tears running down my face. I just read your latest journal, and you're living now, with what I face some day...and I'm feeling your pain. I have a black lab named Luke, who is everything you've described in your journal. I can't imagine what that day may be like when I have to put him down. But what you've just described made me feel a bit of it.
There isn't anything like the feeling of a dog that is a real "being" like this. Constantly feeling, and thinking just as if he was your own flesh and blood. To be able to simply talk to him, and he learns like a child. We just spent the entire day outside doing chores, and running in the Jeep to pick up needed items. We both loved every moment.
Thank you for your journal article. It only makes me appreciate him even more. Tim

skidoolis

Wow i just got done reading it also I just want to say i'm so sorry and also thank you John.Its what those two Burt and Bailey tought you (one moment at a time)that is moving here i'm worried about all this money issues.Should of read the journal first feel pretty selfish almost greedy yea greedy.Thank you so much take care John and Nora like you said the brother and sister are having fun again together take care have a good night peace to all..greg

dondoo

John and Nora, yes those two hounds as you called them once were a great part of your life but remember that there is a dog heven. And there are new puppys born every day. You may not find one the same as what you had but maybe just maybe one even better. I lost my Brittney three years ago and regret not replacing her sooner. Keep you and your young brides chin up. Thanks for all you share with us. Us meaning the snow mental people, ha, ha, ha.. Thanks again

snowolf

i am getting close myself to putting down my blk lab SHADOW. she is going on 14 years old. shes got cancer going, can hardly catch her treats anymore(eyes), hard time hearing and now pants alot(lungs). she has had knee ligament surgery a few years back and is still getting around but steps are a chore. I have to pick her heavy butt up now to get her into the truck for her favorite rides. Im gonna miss her so much when it happens. I still miss my boxer from 15 yrs ago........

all i know is the SHADOW has been all over the country and swam in many lakes. Has always been treated well,if not spoiled, over the past 14 yrs after being rescued from a bad home at the age of 4 months old.

i always say this is the last dog but in my heart i know another will melt my heart someday...