XTX handling

600hoic

Banned
John, What is your thoughts on the XTX for someone who likes to ride pretty aggressive and rip through the tight twisty trails? I ride the polaris 600 IQ and am thinking of going 4-stroke but am concerned with engine breaking and hard cornering.

A

admin

I guess the first thing I would say is that the XTX is a crossover sled, which means it is designed for both on and off trail. Which also means it is not the perfect sled for either one exclusively, but does both very well. So if you are not interested in off trail, then perhaps a different sled (maybe even the regular, short track XTX) is a better fit for you.

Secondly, I am not much of a trail rider, and certainly not one that aggressively rips through the tight and twisty trails. So I really cannot give you any feed back on that.

I will say that I really love the sled and am impressed by both it's off trail and on trail capabilities. There is engine breaking, but it is not severe. Actually kind of nice, you do not need to use the break as much!

-John

600hoic

Banned
Thanks John. That's pretty much what I have figured from everything Ive read. I will have to try and ride a demo when up there. Thanks.

rsvectordude

John I realize you mentioned you're not an aggressive trail rider on tight and twisty trails but have you noticed any ski lift on tight turns with your simmons added?? I thought about adding them on my vector but I couldn't find how wide the Gen I skis were...