Yamaha 4 stroke spark plugs

wags

This is going to be a really stupid question. I have a 2008 RS Venture Gt and am having some problems and would like to pull the spark plugs. Anyone know where they are located on the sled and how you remove them?

I am at the cabin without access to the shop manual just the owners manual which doesn't help. There are three plastic caps on the top of the motor is this where they are located and if so how do you pull these caps without bresking them to gain access to the plugs?

Thanks,
Dan

attack_06

plugs

use screwdriver pry up while twist back and for should pop off take wire plug off first their in deep so need 3-8 ext rod never ever do short running they will foul like 2 stroke always run till good hot b for off

whitedust

Try putting the sled on a stand. After warm up thottle that sucker up & will clear out plugs. More likely your carbs are fouled up with gunk run some seafoam thru save time & labor. Won't hurt a 4s at all. If you can't get it started spray starting fluild in carbs it WILL fire up. Plugs should be fine unless you did not wait for warm up light.

G

G

You may have to cut a zip tie or two to get the caps up and out of the way. The factory tool kit has a plug wrench that works really well. It holds the plug tight when it is unscrewed so you can remove it from the hole it is in. It also works good when re-installing the plug. I would first take whitedust's plan and try to clean out the engine on a stand. It will likely come out of it. Also the previous posts are right on - ALWAYS let the engine warm up before taking off. That is what the blinking light is for.

L

lenny

you don't have to disconnect the connector but i usually did because I didn't like to stress those wires and create broken wires stretching them while pulling on the caps. Just pull up on the caps and twist. Those caps go down into the head 3-4 inches and are tight