YAMAHA NYTRO XTX

hottdogdoo

hey john,
i am thinking about buying a nytro, but am worried about how heavy they are compared to the two-stroke sleds. since you and your friends seem to do riding very similar to what i do, i would like your input on how the sled rides in deep snow. I see skylar rides it a lot; is it a bear to manuever or to get unstuck? I know i can trust your input, unlike the sledding magazines and yamaha brochure/dvd i've watched/read that merely promotes and praises the sled. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

deang

JOHN,I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING.I CURRENTLY HAVE AN 07 ATTAK GT THAT WEIGHS A TON IN THE POWDER,MIGHT SWITCH TO NYTRO NEXT YEAR...THANKS

soopy

I'll throw my 2cents in prior to Admin responding.
Have ridden a friends '09 XTX a few times this year.
Very nice sled. As a 4stroke cross-over its what one would expect. It handles the trails nice, flatland boondocks quite well. IT'S NOT A MOUNTAIN SLED, so that should speak for itself. Depending on your capabilities, the sled will perform above your expectations.
I find it comparible in the deep right along side the '09 Polaris 800 Dragon/Switchback.(the only other crossover I've been on).
Plan on trading in my Nytro next year , for one.

A

admin

I have not spent a lot of time on the XTX (having too much darn fun on the M to switch for a while!), but from the times I have been on it and what I saw while Skylar has been on it, the sled will do what any other crossover will and some mountain sleds as well.

As we headed out last Friday, I knew it would be the acid test as to how it would handle the steep and deep of the UP and it did just fine. Did not get stuck any quicker than the other sleds and also was not any harder to get unstuck than the other sleds. Both of those points quite honestly surprised us all a bit.

With that said. The sled is heavier than a 2 stroke of similar HP and size. So that means it takes a bit more to manhandle it, even though it is well balanced. It also likes to nose dive, so you need to ride it differently than a 2 stroke of similar HP and size. But if you know how to ride it, it will do what you want it to.

As soopy said, it is not a mountain sled. I will not be bringing it as my sled when we head out west this March. However, it is as capable a crossover sled as any.

One thing to keep in mind. It has the 1.75" track upgrade. Had it only had the 1.25" track that comes standard, then I have a feeling Friday's ride would have been a different story!

-John

A

admin

Larry.

We did not change the gear ratio when we changed the track.

-John