Your home made track stand

snoluver1

I remember seeing a picture of a track stand you made out of 2x4. If you get a chance, would you mind posting that pic again. I remember it having a pretty stout base to it, and I would like to copy your handy work.

Thanks!

lvr1000

Did it look something like this??

Lot of miles on this one.

Attachments

• shreaded 001.jpg
    shreaded 001.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 250
  • shreaded 002.jpg
    shreaded 002.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

jd

Administrator
Staff member
OK, here you go.

This one was initially made for the Pol-Cat (94 XLT), so the extra 2x4 blocking on the bottom is to add length to it for the long tracks.

-John

Attachments

• trackstand1.jpg
    trackstand1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 289
  • trackstand2.jpg
    trackstand2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 281
  • trackstand3.jpg
    trackstand3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 265

snoluver1

Thanks John!! But now I have more questions than answers-LOL. Is the rope running through the top piece or around the other side? oh forget it--I'll figure something out. The base was what I was really wondering about anyway.
Thanks for your time John!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
snoluver1-

The rope runs through the top piece inside. That was the tricky part to buidling it to fish the rope through. I did it that way so that the top piece would have equal stress on both the front and back and would not break off.

light200-

It is a protective mat. There was a thread on the board asking about it. Not sure exactly where it was, perhaps the ask john topic.

snoluver1

snoluver1-

The rope runs through the top piece inside. That was the tricky part to buidling it to fish the rope through. I did it that way so that the top piece would have equal stress on both the front and back and would not break off.

Thats what I thought, but the first pic threw me off a little. Kind of looks like the rope is going around and attached to something on the side. Very clever Idea!!

Once again, thanks for your time. I wasn't expecting you to go out and take new pictures and upload, just figured you might be able to direct me to where I saw it originaly or repost it. Your a class act John!