your opinion on heading towards tog lodge

john_r

3 of us guys are at thunder mountain lodge. thinking of heading out 2 morrow wednesday morning ride thursday friday, we want to make sure we will we are riding in good powder and not wet snow. please give us your opinion on if it is worth it or not. thanks for all your hard work.john

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I really could not tell you as I am not there. A bit of fresh looks to fall tonight and maybe a bit more tomorrow and tomorrow night, but temps look to also be warm enough that any sun or at some of the elevations of 8500-9500 could see some wetter snow and not powder. Big storm moving in for the weekend and early next week with plenty of powder.

-John

snoluver1

John,
I know we're not supposed to ask specific forecast questions here, but I wonder if I could bother you for just a quick comment on the storm track for the next week or two. I am seriously contemplating pulling the plug on my trip to the Snowies the 24th. The forecast is not looking good!! I am thinking I would be better off headed toward Salt River or Wyoming Range area. I am not asking for a detailed forecast, but could you possible tell me where the best "chances" for mountain snow will be in that time frame? I understand if you don't want to get into it, and open up a can of worms.

Thanks!!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Snoluver1-

Without getting too specific and breaking my own rules, the rule of thumb for the next week to ten days will be the heaviest snow in WY will occur the further to the northwest you go. Although the snowies do look to get some fresh early next week and perhaps by the end of next week too.

-John