Ski-Doo Suspension ride height

doo or die

I have a 01 summit non x package rear suspension, looking to find a way to make it sit a little higher in the back without getting a entire diferent suspension.... any suggestions?

doo or die

im not sure about the front of the skid, the back brackets ik there are two holes and they are on the lowest ones, your just talking about where the suspension bolts up to the tunnel right?

mjkaliszak

I'm no suspension guru but you change the geometry when you move that stuff. I would call Ian @ Monster, the sled is a little old but in my readings on DT he seems to have a good handle on the SD skids, just a thought !

doo_dr

Not really!!!

I have a 01 summit non x package rear suspension, looking to find a way to make it sit a little higher in the back without getting a entire diferent suspension.... any suggestions?

I had an 01 and played with it till I was blue in the face. My riding was stand up back country style. The short answer is to get the heaviest rear springs available and set them as light as you can for your wieght. A stiffer front spring for the front of the skid helps. Do not lift the front of the sled with longer shocks or lowering the shock brackets unless you want to buy hoods and windshields. This is not a cross over/ dual app sled. It is a great carving, boondocking, through the trees sled period.

Attachments

• 101_0564.JPG
    101_0564.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 26
  • 101_0565.JPG
    101_0565.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 101_0568.JPG
    101_0568.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 101_0570.JPG
    101_0570.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-8-2006-13.jpg
    2-8-2006-13.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

doo or die

I had an 01 and played with it till I was blue in the face. My riding was stand up back country style. The short answer is to get the heaviest rear springs available and set them as light as you can for your wieght. A stiffer front spring for the front of the skid helps. Do not lift the front of the sled with longer shocks or lowering the shock brackets unless you want to buy hoods and windshields. This is not a cross over/ dual app sled. It is a great carving, boondocking, through the trees sled period.

and when you talk about the rear springs, you mean the 2 torsion springs?

nrascals

more suspinsion-a trick of mine

the rear ladder is 9" on "96 to "07
new xp summit is "11 or "12

new xp ladder is hard to retro and $100's

cut old style add 3" (pro wielder)

move mount back 2.25"

install two up springs

open front limit strap.

live2ride

Not sure if you want to sit higher or you want more room under the tunnel. If you want to sit higher you could get one of the wedges that go under the back of the seat and on top of the tunnel.

doo or die

Not sure if you want to sit higher or you want more room under the tunnel. If you want to sit higher you could get one of the wedges that go under the back of the seat and on top of the tunnel.

Im looking to make the suspension to sit higher not the seat

doo or die

the rear ladder is 9" on "96 to "07
new xp summit is "11 or "12

new xp ladder is hard to retro and $100's

cut old style add 3" (pro wielder)

move mount back 2.25"

install two up springs

open front limit strap.

what if i just install 2 up springs and do you mean loosen the limter straps or take them off?