00 Polaris XCSP 600 Running on one cylinder?

93cherokeesport

Anyone have any idea, it was rebuilt last year with new pistons and new rings, it is only firing on one cylinder. Any thoughts on what it could be?
Thanks

snowbuff

Should be 125-130 each side. I dought it would even run the way it is. Like said above, you will need to rebuild again AND find out whats going on. First, make sure your compression tester is accurate, if it is then start digging. Or, save the rebuild money and put it towards a newer sled.

motor_slut

Anybody can throw a set of pistons and rings in a motor and call it rebuilt but a professional will check the cylinders to see if they are worn out. You probably need to replate your cylinders.

I am dealing with the same problem on a motor with only 500 miles on a rebuilt motor. The dummy who rebuilt it didn't check the clearances and the cylinder was out of round.

Anybody can throw a set of pistons and rings in a motor and call it rebuilt but a professional will check the cylinders to see if they are worn out. You probably need to replate your cylinders.

I am dealing with the same problem on a motor with only 500 miles on a rebuilt motor. The dummy who rebuilt it didn't check the clearances and the cylinder was out of round.

X2...exactly!!

G

G

If their is alluminum in the crankcase? you will rebuild it till the end of time. period!!!!

The end of time is less than a year away now. Dec 21, 2012. If it doesn't snow this year you will only have to rebuild it one more time.

Hey Catalac, getting back to you on the 2000 Polaris xcsp 600...it was the fuel pump. It had a ripped diaphragm and was dumping fuel in the cylinder. Bought new pump and seems to be good now, idles nice, and good compression in both cylinders. Seems to have a slight spark nock if that's what you call it every so often, any Idea on that. Thanks for your Ideas....