04 600sdi with dead guages and will not start.

doo_dr

A friend brought me his SDI that quit running this weekend. It ran two days without a glitch and on the third day it would not restart after a short break. Being that the conditions had a lot of moisture in the air, I brought it in and thawed it out. I have new relays and battery in the sled. I have pulled, inspected, cleaned, and greased all connections and I still do not have anything. It apppears that I have spark but I do not have 12 volt power past my RER/start switch. If I try to preprime the SDI or start it w/ elec start I get nothing. The main fuse on the battery is good. The main fuse on the fuse block is good. I have 12+volts to both relays. Battery ground lead is good and tight. If I hold , or repeatedly hit the start switch I can get relay to Buzz but nothing past this. What am I missing??? TIA!!!

doo_dr

The Kill switch does open and close the circuit. If it were the RER/Start switch could I bypass the switch by using a hot box at the starter solenoid or does the start mode go to the relay 1st ? Does anyone have a wire schematic. The RER/start button has three leads off of it and the wire coloring changes at the first connection (R,W,B).

vmax1994

It is almost certainly the relay. Look in your fuse box in the front of the sled - it contains two relays. One of them is for the gauges and lights. You can replace these with a part from the auto store to save some money (ex. NAPA AR201).

doo_dr

It is almost certainly the relay. Look in your fuse box in the front of the sled - it contains two relays. One of them is for the gauges and lights. You can replace these with a part from the auto store to save some money (ex. NAPA AR201).
I did!!! I have two new relays in and a new battery. I am trying to find out how the three wire switch works for the RER and Elec start. I am narrrowing the problem down to: RER switch, elec start solenoide, or the rest of the sled. I hate electrical problems more than ever, so this is going to be a challenge.

mn_mxz

Schematic

I have a schematic, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

I can't stand electrical issues, my 05 Renegades tachometer doesn't work and I can't find the problem.

Scott

k_smith

A buddy of mine had kinda the same issue. except his would run but not idle up and the gauges or nothin worked and it ended up being the rectifier. could possibly be somethin to look into testing.

doo_dr

Thank you for idea. I am not any farther than I was a few days ago. The strangest thing is that the sled came to me not wanting to start, but giving all of the prestart steps (fuel pump prime, guages system check, starter working, etc...) If you didn't use the elec start and turned the motor over it would acativate prestart fuel prime. Now there is nothing but coil spark. I'm thinking there is a wiring/connector/ fuse/ relay problem in the prestart but I can not find a schamatic that shows me how it is built. BTW the sled is a 05 SDI not 04'.
Thanks