05 F7 Sno Pro diamond drive service

euphoric1

I own a 2009 F8 with a diamond drive and servicing the oil is very easy to do, but a buddy of mine has a 05 F7 with diamond drive and said the drain plug is in the tunnel and not sure where the fill is. So I looked up on line parts breakdown and I see the drain plug is indeed in tunnel (according to picture) but do not see fill, I roped myself into helping him with it so was hoping someone has done this and let me know where fill is and this sled does not have reverse so is the capacity still the 3oz like other diamond drives? Thanks!

John L M

One option is to lay the machine on it’s side and remove the cover.
Clean the gunk out , inspect , replace the oil , reinstall the cover.
Diamond Drive needs to be clean to live , simply draining and refilling may not get the gunk out.

euphoric1

Agree on the clean, have used flush on mine and do yearly, is there a fill plug on the cover side? didn't see one on breakdown but there has to be, haven't actually seen sled yet.

mezz

The drain plug is also the fill plug. AFter you drain the fluid out, which, if memory serves me correctly is 3 oz., flush with the diamond drive flush & replace the drive fluid, good to go.

euphoric1

The drain plug is also the fill plug. AFter you drain the fluid out, which, if memory serves me correctly is 3 oz., flush with the diamond drive flush & replace the drive fluid, good to go.
yes mezz you are correct, I just carefully tipped the sled on its side and put flush in and filled it the same way, I'm a Cat guy but whoever thought this was a good idea hopefully didn't get the employee of the month parking space. It came out really dark as I assumed it would because of lack of maintenance, it's a buddy's sled who like some think...fix it when its broke. he is heading up north on weds but I informed him it would probably be a good idea to remove cover and clean, who knows when was changed last. I flush and change in my wife's sled every year Irregardless of miles, may not be necessary but a piece of mind for me. Thanks again mezz and John L M for your input! much appreciated!