06 Rev 600 SDI bogs

tommyboy

Only been out twice this year and it got bad yesterday. First time I noticed a little hesitation but nothing major. After it sat it the garage for a month it became a real problem. Temps were in the 20's.

Runs great until it gets real warm, sputters a little, then starts shuddering with a low groan at 5000 to 5700 rpm. Eventually something gets hot enough to keep it from moving. When I shut it down, the yellow engine light {position 7 - Engine Management System pilot lamp) comes on. After cooling off for ten minutes or so, it runs fine for a while longer.

When running over 6000 rpm it runs great, but a lot of hesitation when slowing down. Suspected bad gas, used isopropyl and filled the tank but it didn't help. Changed the plugs to no avail. While pulling one plug wire off, the cap separated from the wire. Put it back in and reinforced it with some electrical tape, but nothing changed.

Something electrical overheating maybe? I looked at the belt, but it seemed to be okay. Any help will be very much appreciated.

tom