09 800 Assault??

bladeboy

Rode my Assault West central wisconsin and out west last year. I'm looking to do more trail riding around here and up in the up maybe, just wondering what people have done to their Assaults to make them trail freindly??? ex. gear changes, track change maybe??? Just wondering what everyone else has done, thanks PS mine blew up after 330 miles of trail riding, seized a pitson, Polaris called today, rebuilding the motor again!!

bladeboy

yeah I put them on last year. Took back off and I have to relocate them, taking the front boggies off to put the sratchers on like Polaris said was not a good idea!! More wondering about handling and getting alittle faster then 75mph?

zimmbob

if you want to go faster, you'll have to change the track. that one will come apart at high speeds. Camoplast makes a very good 1 3/4 ripsaw just for the Assault. But it's $650. As for gearing, Take a look at the switchback gears on the 800, and match those, assuming you switch the track.

And if you are going to spend the money, sell or trade those Walker Evans Air shocks for some coil over reservior oil shocks. The Air shocks are too stiff for trail riding, and are prone to be damaged too easily. And if they go out, you are riding the belly of the sled. No additional support.

srt20

Most guys I know with a 136" or longer track that trail ride, put more aggressive skies on. They say it helps cornering alot with long track sleds.