09 crossfire gearing and clutching for Cooke City

ridehard

Anyone willing to share some known good clutch and/or gear set ups for riding a 09 crossfire 800 with a 2.25x141 power claw track on it. I will be riding Cooke City with this set up. Thanks for any info.

mezz

Definetly no gearing changes, as far as clutches, I'm not sure about the 800, I think the only thing you have to do is change the weights in the primary. On my 600 I had to go to a 60g weight & a different Helix on the Secondary. Other than that, you won't have to do anything else. Just know what elevation you will be riding at so you can get it dialed in right the first time. There should be a chart for elevation recommendations under the hood on the clutch side. Your dealer should be able to help you out with that if your not sure about set-up.-Mezz

thebreeze

In cooke, you will be riding from town 7k, up to 10k, with the majority of riding being in the 8000-9500 ft. range.

What do you currently have in your sled for a helix and springs?

I would leave gearing as is.

You are going to likely end up in the range of 68 or 65 gram primary weights. If you have the 44/40 helix in there, you may want to switch to a 40/36, or straight 36 degree helix. I have a few 36 degree helixes that would work if you need one sitting on the shelf.

ridehard

I currently have a purple primary 0646-155, 77 gram weights. 46/40 helix and orange secondary. I just called a guy from Cooke City and he said they clutch there sleds for over 9000ft. And by looking at the chart on the sled you are right on. The guy also said to go by the chart it is very accurate.

The Breeze, I would be interested in the 36 degree helix. how much do you want and would you ship it? I am in Cornell, WI 54732. I am looking for the weights yet as I have the primary 0646-229 yellow/white primary spring.
Thanks for your replies