09 xfire backfire on pull

chadlyt

I was up in Grand Rapids, MN this past weekend and my sled started to backfire on startup. No backfires when i shut her down, just on the start.

I have tried to let it run for a bit before shutting it down and get the same result on startup.

everything is bone stock on this sled, new this December and has 600 miles on it....

if you were around GR this weekend and thought you heard gunshots echoing through the hills, it was me...

favoritos

It takes awhile to let it idle down. Let the sled run until the idle comes down.

BTW, you will start to notice it is hard to start warm. Just give it a little throttle as you are pulling the cord on warm starts. Does the trick every time.

chadlyt

i waited 30 seconds before shutting it down. wonder if i should wait longer?

I also have this fear about the type of gas i am putting in there. I hate the MN has ethanol in all their gas. Hard to find "real" gas.

I have noticed the hard start when she is warm. 4 pulls to get it going, that is lame.

favoritos

i waited 30 seconds before shutting it down. wonder if i should wait longer?

I also have this fear about the type of gas i am putting in there. I hate the MN has ethanol in all their gas. Hard to find "real" gas.

I have noticed the hard start when she is warm. 4 pulls to get it going, that is lame.

Be patient. It takes time to get the thing to idle down to the bottom rpm.

Warm starting take two pulls. One to realize you need to give it a little gas and one to give it gas and start.

fgsacts

I have had several Cat's and the backfire is fairly common. My buddy just bought a '10 M8 and it dies it frequently. Couldn't tell you why, but not uncommon.

chadlyt

i've since ran a tank ok gas through there and have not had it backfire again. Still a tad wary of the backfire, but i will send it to the dear if it keeps up.

mguthrie

Start with the idle down...wait until your buddies give you the *** look and then you know its been idling long enough.

Last edited: