1/20 to 22/2012 Muskegon/ Montague/ Hart Areas

lofsfire

This is my first time riding this area and it will not be my last! One nice trails, & Two I have a cousin that lives in the area, so free lodging! Took my two oldest boys and my wife and put on about 150miles which for having the kids and staying at a family members house, I thought was fairly good.

Here are a few pictures:

DSCF4404.JPG

The road in front of my Cousins house

DSCF4406.JPG

Part of the lake they are just off of

DSCF4416.JPG

On the trail

DSCF4432.JPG

The warming Tee-Pee on the trail Its about here on the map Just a little NE off in the woods, Its well marked on the trail.

DSCF4434.JPG

Inside the Tee-Pee had a nice wood burner going with lots of wood stocked outside. (Landowner started putting this up then past away and his wife lets the Club use the land and maintain the Tee-Pee. I was told just remember to sign the guest book.

DSCF4438.JPG

DSCF4439.JPG

DSCF4437.JPG

Sunday morning my cousins watched the kids a let us go ride for a few hours before heading home.

Attachments

• DSCF4434.JPG
    DSCF4434.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 16

dab102999

Nice area, great pics, and nothing better then free lodgin!!!....hows that doo runnin and how did ya ever make out with the second rebuild???

Nice day with the family is all good. Looks like the traffic was lite and just enough snow.
I'am about 40 miles North and have yet to make it down that way for a ride.
Thanks for the pic's.

tommyboy

As Hawkeye may have said, "Finestkind"! Looks like great weather, enough snow and some quality time with the family. Don't believe it can get much better that that. I'm a wee bit envious tho, as I have no miles on my sled thus far this season. Sob!

lofsfire

Nice area, great pics, and nothing better then free lodgin!!!....hows that doo runnin and how did ya ever make out with the second rebuild???

Should I answer that question? Or will I just jinks myself? Really, so far so good. I have almost 10,000 miles on it now. I keep saying a new one is coming but something more important all ways seams to come up. This year has been bitter sweet no snow so I can't ride with my 4 friends that all bought new ones. I was able to buy my kids a 120 this year and watching them ride that has been fun too!

As Hawkeye may have said, "Finestkind"! Looks like great weather, enough snow and some quality time with the family. Don't believe it can get much better that that. I'm a wee bit envious tho, as I have no miles on my sled thus far this season. Sob!
I feel your pain this trip for 150 miles is all I have this year, but guess that is better than none.

fast325it

I've got ZERO miles on this year so 150 miles with the family sounds great to me. Your kids will never forget the visit to the tee-pee.

I've got ZERO miles on this year so 150 miles with the family sounds great to me. Your kids will never forget the visit to the tee-pee.
x2,
Zero this year, 150 last year. 150 in two seasons is bad when i used to put on 2500 a year. (riding from the barn). Have'nt had more than 5 or 6 inches on the ground at one time and then it melts within a couple of days. Can't wait until next year.

polarisrider1

x2,
Zero this year, 150 last year. 150 in two seasons is bad when i used to put on 2500 a year. (riding from the barn). Have'nt had more than 5 or 6 inches on the ground at one time and then it melts within a couple of days. Can't wait until next year.
That is a horrible total for riding. Call in work "Insane" Like I do, then ride. Got to get it when the gettings good (very small window). I have put on only 165 miles in the Irons area, far short of the big miles of the past.Feb. is still young, cheer up!

Thanks Wayne for cheerin me up. But your right......if you don't hit it when it snows the last two years around here, You miss it.
Works not the big problem its the timing, and being able to sit on the sled and shread. (alot of time consumed by the kids). But....this year i'am a empty nester......

So this year i thought i would have these trails around here (including IIIIIIOORNs) riped up before you got up here.
Well i plow snow and by the time i'am getting done with that its already MELTING.
We'll see what February brings us in the way of snow. Because you know, this area is pertty much done the first week of March and i like the two feet of snow we have most years to play in.

I know i could chase the snow to ride but i like my home range and all the off trail spots to play in the powder.
I hope it happens cause i need my fix.

Last edited: