1-23-19

old abe

John was right on the money, snow that is again. I'll go with his forecasts any day! Another 3 to 4 inches, and still light snow falling. Started as freezing rain yesterday, maybe 3/16" ice, then changed to snow. If he is right for the next week, it will be the best around here in many, many years! Yee Haa, being stuck at home is working out gooooood!

srt20

I havent gone out yet, but there is enough to open trails here. Thats all that matters. Dog had a hard time pooping.

slimcake

NWS forecast for me went like this within 24 hours of the storm: 6-10, 5-7, 3-5, 2-4, 1-3. How the phuck can they be in the profession and be that wrong???? I looked at John's forecast yesterday morning and said "yep we ain't getting nothing out of this deal..."

1fujifilm

NWS forecast for me went like this within 24 hours of the storm: 6-10, 5-7, 3-5, 2-4, 1-3. How the phuck can they be in the profession and be that wrong???? I looked at John's forecast yesterday morning and said "yep we ain't getting nothing out of this deal..."

The official word from WLUK in Green Bay was "the storm got stuck in Kansas City which altered the path south and slowed it's arrival".

Bear

eyeman

Downtown Green Bay - Maybe 3" - 4" on the ground and it's snowing to beat the band. 1/4 mile visibility.

kdoffing

It is good to see SE WI getting snow. I am wish it was here I am in NW Wisconsin (Polk County and can still see my grass). The storms see my house and go north or south :)

4 inches in Huntley, IL today after 8 inches over the weekend and 3 the previous weekend. Rescheduled the trip to Boulder Junction to ride the trails in McHenry county! Who would have thought we'd have more snow? Awesome forecast going forward too.

catalac

John was right on the money, snow that is again. I'll go with his forecasts any day! Another 3 to 4 inches, and still light snow falling. Started as freezing rain yesterday, maybe 3/16" ice, then changed to snow. If he is right for the next week, it will be the best around here in many, many years! Yee Haa, being stuck at home is working out gooooood!

Old abe, do y'all have any trails open over that way?

sjb

I have been in DC all week working and planned on heading to the Yoop starting tomorrow. Anywhere to ride locally?

old abe

Old abe, do y'all have any trails open over that way?

catalac, I talked to a club member in Whiteside county, and the trails are open from there all the way to the Sconny boarder. The high winds tomorrow will play havoc with trail conditions however. So what is good now, may not hold true tomorrow. Lets hope, and pray the wind doesn't blow like it is forecast.