10-26-23

bearrassler

It has been misting/raining here since last evening but is now changing over to snow. The weather service is calling for 4-7 inches for us, I know about 100 miles west of us they have gotten up to a foot so far in some places. I will update tomorrow with what our total is.

mezz

It's too early for that, you know what is said about the early hard hit, the rest of the winter will likely be sh_t. o_O Thanks to El Nino.

matti

It has been misting/raining here since last evening but is now changing over to snow. The weather service is calling for 4-7 inches for us, I know about 100 miles west of us they have gotten up to a foot so far in some places. I will update tomorrow with what our total is.
bearrassler, you're in ND, correct?

euphoric1

YIKES!!! keep it there for now please! Grass has been growing better here now than it has all year and I am very busy with mowers and riders and haven't even started on snowblowers which I should be switched over to by now. If we got that forecast here my customers would have a bounty on my head LOL! with the cold coming in behind it too it probably wont be a short lived snow either!

bearrassler

According to the NWS we received 5.8 inches but a lot of it melted as it came. The temps for the next week are going to be highs in the 20's and lows in the mid to low teens so it will stick around for a while. I still have about 70% of my leaves still in the trees so I hope it all melts and we have a couple of nice weeks. The area farmers still have a lot of corn in the fields but they have had to combine in March before. Snow does no good around here until about Thanksgiving.

IMG_5262.jpg IMG_5263.jpg IMG_5264.jpg

whitedust

Grass is green leaves falling in SE WI lots to clean up supposed to get cold and flurries here too. I need to get at it but needs to dry up a bit first.

mezz

Losts of leaves left on the trees yet & a lot have fallen, but it does need to dry out some. our area has called for a high wind advisory with gusts expected in the 45 mph range then snow mixing with rain through the week-end into Halloween. I've already had a number of tree sized limbs fall, I really don't want anymore. I am hoping this will be a short lived preamble cause there are some lawn chores that need to be done before the singing starts.

pclark

We have about 90% of leaves down, 53 this morning, falling to 27 tonight, got all my windows put in today in the garage. I may try a last fish tomorrow, going to be cold this week.