10/30/2023

mezz

Well, we are in receipt of our first accumulating snows this morning. we have 2+ inches on the ground currently with waves of LES. MDOT plows are on the highway. We have a "snow advisory" for today in Houghton & Keweenaw Counties with a "Winter Storm Warning" for tonight into tomorrow with 4-6" possible. What is peculiar, we haven't even had a frost yet this fall. I've said it before & I will say it again, when we get it this early, the rest of the winter is likely to be less than stellar. As John phrases it, late October early November snows are a "head fake". Oh well, so much for yard clean up for the next week or more, leaves may have to wait until spring as they are too wet right now.
Update as of 4:20 p.m. total snowfall for the day so far at 5", revised snowfall expected tonight of 6-8". It figures, I am currently without my side by side as I loaned it to my youngest daughter & her fiance' for bird hunting & they are over 2 1/2 hrs away. Hopefully the weather will cease & desist so I can get it back soon & without it getting slopped up.

Last edited: