11 inches in 45 miniutes??

timo

I heard last night in Buffalo co. Wis. they got 11 inches of rain in 45 minutes.
Was reported on WTMJ this morning.
If that's correct that is unreal!!

whitehorse

At my farm in Alma, WI (Buffalo Cty.) we had over 8" in a couple hours, rain gauge only went to 8" so could be 10" or more. It's a mess down there with over 22 roads closed yesterday....hopefully no more rain today.

slimcake

Its been a tough summer up north that is for sure. Just got a fema declaration a couple weeks ago for a bunch of counties up there for what happened this spring. I remember 2007 when my county Houston received 26 inches of rain in 24 hours. We are still fixing infrastructure and land from that. With all the crazy chit that I experienced in my party days that night with the fire dept was the craziest night of my life. We had house's sliding off hillsides. One house even ended up in the Mississippi. Mudslides everywhere. Evacuating people. Driving over roads that wash out right behind you. There was four of us in our brush fire truck and what we witnessed was like a horror movie of destruction. Gives me goosebumps just typing this.

mrbb

thats a LOT of water in a short time

I got like 4 inches of rain here, but WOW the amount of lighting was just crazy, every 2-3 minutes for like 4 hrs
awesome display to watch

mrbb

I know in Buffalo NY< lol
they have been known to get 6+ ft of snow in a very short time, maybe not 45 minutes, but under 24 hrs
have to think that would be pretty close to 11 inches of rain??

they get some crazy snow dumps there