12-9-19

• Thread starter Deleted member 10829
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10829

5" so far here about 10 miles NW of Spooner, WI. Still snowing pretty good but looks like it will slow down soon.

mike1970

5" so far here about 10 miles NW of Spooner, WI. Still snowing pretty good but looks like it will slow down soon.

Hey there mspease, I tried to send you a message about the Washburn County trails, but my message couldn't go through because it said your mailbox is full. I read somewhere that the trails were opening on Friday this week, and wondered if you had any info about what would be groomed or not.

Thanks!

MKW

I was up to our cabin on Deer Lake Northwest of Spooner late last week...We rode the Casey Loop fire lanes with our snowbikes. The snowmobile trails had not been touched or even had a single track down them! I have not heard of anything opening up until after this weekends T Zone deer hunt, but its possible. We may run back up this weekend to play around in the snow and do some ice fishing, however the lake did not look good when I was there last. TONS of snow, I'd bet probably close to 2' on the ground after what they got yesterday.

mike1970

I was up to our cabin on Deer Lake Northwest of Spooner late last week...We rode the Casey Loop fire lanes with our snowbikes. The snowmobile trails had not been touched or even had a single track down them! I have not heard of anything opening up until after this weekends T Zone deer hunt, but its possible. We may run back up this weekend to play around in the snow and do some ice fishing, however the lake did not look good when I was there last. TONS of snow, I'd bet probably close to 2' on the ground after what they got yesterday.

Hey there MKW. We are on Deer Lake too! On Scenic Drive. We're bringing the sleds up Thursday afternoon. Sounds like the trails to the east of us (Wild Rivers, etc.) are going to open Friday morning. I'm hoping the Casey Loop gets groomed too, but we'll see. Lots of fire lanes to play around on up there too. I'll bet the lake is a slushy mess with all the snow! Ice fishing was fantastic just before the snow. I hope it's not too wet to get around on the lake. Hoping these cold temps will help firm things up, but with 2 feet of snow, that's questionable.
Send me a PM and lets go for a ride if you're up!

D

Deleted member 10829

We ended up with 7" of new snow. Let's keep these threads to snowfall amounts only. Any other info should be in Area Conditions and Information.

pclark

I spoke with my neighbor up in Manitowish and he stated that we received a good 6-8" of new snow. Good start to the year up in Vilas. There have been many years when it's the week before New Years and we are all praying like we have never prayed before just for enough to get the trails ridable.

I'll be up next week but everyone should be aware of the conditions in lowlands and slush on the lakes. Stay safe, and lets have a casualty free season!