130 year old brand.....GONE

xcr440

You better be careful. When they come for your guns they might find your stash of Aunt Jemima and label you a hate criminal. Then you will go to jail and not be able to do your forecasts.

Oh no!! We Have to have John’s winter forecasts..... I’m guessing things will remain calm in the UP. You guys are far from the countries tallest buildings.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
You better be careful. When they come for your guns they might find your stash of Aunt Jemima and label you a hate criminal. Then you will go to jail and not be able to do your forecasts.

No worries. I will just put them where I put the bodies. :)

dfattack

And the NFL hasn't even started yet. This should be interesting. Redskins and Chiefs are out. They will probably want the Browns renamed just for good measure. While we are at it, we should rename the Steelers because it could imply someone who steals. And the Packers could be twisted into something offensive so we need that name to go. Short people might have an inferiority complex so get rid of the Giants and Titans. I forgot about PETA. Rename the Bears, Eagles, Bills, Dolphins, Jaguars, Rams, Colts, Lions, Broncos, Falcons, Panther, Bengals, Ravens, Seahawks and Cardinals. Get rid of the Jets because all the green house gases they emit.

Vikings, Raiders and Buccaneers have to go because they just raped and pillaged villages. We can't have that. It is not PC to be a Cowboy, so they're gone. The Texans, can't single anyone out, bye bye. The Saints? Heavens no, we cannot support religion. The Chargers, only if it is by renewable energy. Maybe they get the name the Solars? When you think of the 49ers, they are just greedy, old, white men. And finally, the Patriots have to go because after all it was that bunch that gave us our freedom from the tyranny in England and made this very bad country. Did I miss anyone?

I laughed when I read this, but as previously stated...it's not funny once you realize that it's actually something that could happen. Nuts!

dfattack

What I want to start hearing among us patriots is what can be done about this. A small fraction of this country is upending the entire country and where is ANY push-back?! When I say small fraction, I mean the left wing nuts (Hollywood, 90% of the media, majority of politicians). This may represent maybe 20-25% of the U.S. population? guessing here...What are the rest of us doing about it other than talking about it and watching it happen? I think most of us are in shock and don't believe what's happening, but if we wait too long the country we knew will be gone and one day we will wake up and say "what the heck just happened?".

A new poll just indicated that 34% of this country believes a second civil war could happen within the next 5 years. Think about that. What would that poll result have been if asked even 1-2 years ago?

I'm telling you, I think many of us do the old "well just turn off the TV" or head out to the woods and get away from it all. Well, this may help short term but that doesn't make the problem go away. I don't pretend to have the answers but I really think a response (or push-back) will have to occur. This will not be an easy decision as all of us haven't had to even think this way for our entire lives. I want to get behind whatever we have to do in order to preserve the founding principles of this nation. What is happening now is quite frankly a national embarrassment.

whitedust

Darren better look out for the Big Mac both Scottish and Irish we be saying what the heck you saying we are all plus size people? This is never ending foolishness!

jmvette427

Tonight the news is saying Eskimo Pies are changing their name. What are we doing??? Bow down to everything that makes it better. NOT

coach

The world knew her as "Aunt Jemima," but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. Born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY, she became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark.

While in Kentucky, Green was employed by Charles Walker, then an attorney and later a distinguished Circuit Judge. She moved with the family to Chicago just after the Great Fire in 1872.

Walker heard that a friend was looking for a model for the Aunt Jemima character, and he suggested Green who, by that time, had served the family for many years. She was instantly recognized with the characteristics the guy was looking for... charisma, humor, and a fantastic cook.

Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for the new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her public debut in 1893 at the World’s Fair in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix while serving up thousands of pancakes... and became an immediate star. She was a wonderful storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving.

Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a philanthropist, a leading advocate against poverty, and a fighter for equal rights.

She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89, after becoming one of America’s first black millionaires.

This was a remarkable woman... and she has just been erased.

Grant Hoar

And the NFL hasn't even started yet. This should be interesting. Redskins and Chiefs are out. They will probably want the Browns renamed just for good measure. While we are at it, we should rename the Steelers because it could imply someone who steals. And the Packers could be twisted into something offensive so we need that name to go. Short people might have an inferiority complex so get rid of the Giants and Titans. I forgot about PETA. Rename the Bears, Eagles, Bills, Dolphins, Jaguars, Rams, Colts, Lions, Broncos, Falcons, Panther, Bengals, Ravens, Seahawks and Cardinals. Get rid of the Jets because all the green house gases they emit.

Vikings, Raiders and Buccaneers have to go because they just raped and pillaged villages. We can't have that. It is not PC to be a Cowboy, so they're gone. The Texans, can't single anyone out, bye bye. The Saints? Heavens no, we cannot support religion. The Chargers, only if it is by renewable energy. Maybe they get the name the Solars? When you think of the 49ers, they are just greedy, old, white men. And finally, the Patriots have to go because after all it was that bunch that gave us our freedom from the tyranny in England and made this very bad country. Did I miss anyone?

Love it. OK, lets try a simple alternative and just go with the Oakland A's, Green Bay B's, etc, Cleveland C's, Dallas D's all the way through AF (32 teams). But wait, we cant do that because you cant use A thru F since we can't issue letter grades anymore, the F's and the U's are out because a lineupwith them playing each other wouldn't work, S's and X's can't be allowed to play because putting those two teams together would offend someone, the T's couldn't be allowed to play the A's, and the AA's are out because that would affect that group.

As Dickie Roberts said decades ago, this is all "NUCKIN FUTS"

dfattack

The world knew her as "Aunt Jemima," but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. Born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY, she became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark.

While in Kentucky, Green was employed by Charles Walker, then an attorney and later a distinguished Circuit Judge. She moved with the family to Chicago just after the Great Fire in 1872.

Walker heard that a friend was looking for a model for the Aunt Jemima character, and he suggested Green who, by that time, had served the family for many years. She was instantly recognized with the characteristics the guy was looking for... charisma, humor, and a fantastic cook.

Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for the new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her public debut in 1893 at the World’s Fair in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix while serving up thousands of pancakes... and became an immediate star. She was a wonderful storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving.

Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a philanthropist, a leading advocate against poverty, and a fighter for equal rights.

She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89, after becoming one of America’s first black millionaires.

This was a remarkable woman... and she has just been erased.

I've never heard that story. Very interesting.

euphoric1

I have a question.... end of racism... equal rights...equal treatment... which believe me I am all for, but it seems and correct me if I am wrong what other races, creed or gender want is to be equal on their terms. BLM movement... yes BLM so do all lives but this morning in a certain county north of me a quadruple and a triple shooting with 5 dead, A certain big city south of me 110 shootings including a three year old and a 13 year old shot and killed by stray bullets and guess what.... NO ONE calling for SWIFT JUSTICE.... WHY NOT??? equal rights mean EQUAL RIGHTS, not just what suits you. Also since and I am all for every one no matter your race, creed or gender wants equal rights I guess we can remove a word from the equation just like we are removing monuments, changing so called offensive brand names, sports teams etc, The one word and special treatment extended and used just by using the word.... "MINORITY" if we are to be equal then there is no more "MINORITY" which means no further special treatment when applying for a job, apply for college, bidding on contracts, state and local etc... because with everyone being equal there is no longer a "MINORITY" but I assure you this doesn't fall under the desire of equality as some people view it. I guess I just don't understand why we are destroying our nations history, good or bad still part of the biggest turning point in America's history, I also don't understand the removal of brand names, if walking down the pancake isle Aunt Jemima box or the eskimo on the Ice cream bar offends you, you have other bigger issues, especially knowing the history and story behind some of the brand icon's. EQUAL means EQUAL and you cannot choose what part equality best suits you and still keep some of the benefits or perks that are tied to inequality.

frnash

… This was a remarkable woman... and she has just been erased.
I've never heard that story. Very interesting.
Apparently neither has Quaker Oats! :stupid:

…\ OK, lets try a simple alternative and just go with the Oakland A's, Green Bay B's, etc, Cleveland C's, Dallas D's all the way through AF (32 teams). But wait, we cant do that because you cant use A thru F since we can't issue letter grades anymore, the F's and the U's are out because a lineupwith them playing each other wouldn't work, S's and X's can't be allowed to play because putting those two teams together would offend someone, the T's couldn't be allowed to play the A's, and the AA's are out because that would affect that group. …
1. See (click →) TCU Horned Frogs.

2. See (click →) Scottsdale Community College - Artichokes - History (quoted here, in part):
An important part of the college’s history is encapsulated in its mascot—the Artichoke. Born during a period of student unrest in the early 1970s, Artie the Artichoke was adopted as the school’s mascot to express a difference of opinion concerning budget priorities. Originally intended to be a source of embarrassment, Artie has been embraced by students, athletes, staff, and the community as a beloved character.

Last edited:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
A couple of thoughts here.

euphoric would make a terrible politician....he makes too much sense. But again, I hear there will be an opening for Governor in a couple of years. He should consider it.

As for the brand icons such as Aunt Jemima and the Eskimo pie. My ancestors came from Norway, up around the Arctic Circle. If they want to put a Viking on a box of Wheeties, I'm all for it. I will not be offended, I will not stop eating them, and I will not sue anyone.

katden4

I have a question.... end of racism... equal rights...equal treatment... which believe me I am all for, but it seems and correct me if I am wrong what other races, creed or gender want is to be equal on their terms. BLM movement... yes BLM so do all lives but this morning in a certain county north of me a quadruple and a triple shooting with 5 dead, A certain big city south of me 110 shootings including a three year old and a 13 year old shot and killed by stray bullets and guess what.... NO ONE calling for SWIFT JUSTICE.... WHY NOT??? equal rights mean EQUAL RIGHTS, not just what suits you. Also since and I am all for every one no matter your race, creed or gender wants equal rights I guess we can remove a word from the equation just like we are removing monuments, changing so called offensive brand names, sports teams etc, The one word and special treatment extended and used just by using the word.... "MINORITY" if we are to be equal then there is no more "MINORITY" which means no further special treatment when applying for a job, apply for college, bidding on contracts, state and local etc... because with everyone being equal there is no longer a "MINORITY" but I assure you this doesn't fall under the desire of equality as some people view it. I guess I just don't understand why we are destroying our nations history, good or bad still part of the biggest turning point in America's history, I also don't understand the removal of brand names, if walking down the pancake isle Aunt Jemima box or the eskimo on the Ice cream bar offends you, you have other bigger issues, especially knowing the history and story behind some of the brand icon's. EQUAL means EQUAL and you cannot choose what part equality best suits you and still keep some of the benefits or perks that are tied to inequality.

Very well said!

Grant Hoar

So I guess we can also say goodbye to Twinkies, because that can be offensive to some, and so long to Ding Dongs as well, because who wants to be misinterpreted seen eating those?

The folks that want to see wrong in everything, will find it.

The folks that want to see the good in people, will also find it. Which do we want to be?