1995 Fat Boy

catdog

I'm looking to buy a 95 Fat Boy, it's in good shape with 17,000 miles, has few custom parts on it. Their asking $7995.00 for it. I'm never own a HD before, just wondering if that is a good price for it.

dac37

not bad , but 95 has all the old styling to it swtich housing ect, look and see how hard its to find parts. I have a 91 springer. parts are not to bad to find. just when your looking they are always for 96 and up , have to pay attention. offer him 7,000.

rodehard

Let me start by saying I'm no expert but I know what I like. I own and love my 2001 Springer Softail FXSTS. The trade in value on your Fat Boy,according to Kelly Blue Book, is $5400. 17000 is low miles for a 95 anything. The only caution is that a 95 has the 1350cc pre-EVO engine and may not be as reliable and vibration free as the 2000 and up EVO's. Find out the history and take a ride. If you like Harleys you will probably buy on impulse anyway. I did.

nhra1000

Let me start by saying I'm no expert but I know what I like. I own and love my 2001 Springer Softail FXSTS. The trade in value on your Fat Boy,according to Kelly Blue Book, is $5400. 17000 is low miles for a 95 anything. The only caution is that a 95 has the 1350cc pre-EVO engine and may not be as reliable and vibration free as the 2000 and up EVO's. Find out the history and take a ride. If you like Harleys you will probably buy on impulse anyway. I did.

95 Engine is the EVO...twin cam from 2000 and up. I wouldnt hesistate one bit to buy with that 95 motor. They are bulletproof.

fgsacts

The EVO is the best engine Harley has built in my opinion. Awesome sound, easy to work on, and easy to modify. You will have no problem finding an abundance of parts available both from the factory and aftermarket. A '95 softail (which a Fatboy is) will have a solid mounted engine and you will get more vibration than the newer twin cams. 17,000 miles on an EVO is nothing if it has been cared for. My opinion is that the price is fair but not a screamin' deal.

Last edited: