2.2 mile 12 turns City of Chicago streets....hmmmmm

euphoric1

Any predictions on how Nascar's decision to hold the race on Chicago streets will play out?? going from a road course that was 4 miles long with 14 turns and a track that could handle the spectators and the logistics to 12 turns in a 2.2 mile course, what kind of speeds will be reached?...my prediction...will be back at Road America next year, for anyone that hasn't been to Road America you are missing out if you are into auto racing. Maybe Nascar just wanted a season to allow the new surface to get broken in, at Indy they were already pitting if I remember correctly 7 laps in, track was very fast!!

dfattack

seems a little weird to me. Floor it slam on the brakes. Floor it slam on the brakes. I've driven that at Autobahn near Joliet and hated it. I want to hit some speeds not stop and go. But...whatever. Not my thing.

goofy600

seems a little weird to me. Floor it slam on the brakes. Floor it slam on the brakes. I've driven that at Autobahn near Joliet and hated it. I want to hit some speeds not stop and go. But...whatever. Not my thing.
It’s true Chicago traffic, stop and go.🤣

snomoman

Hmm… I wonder if they’ll get robbed for their cash and cell phone on their way through the course

ICT Sledder

NASCAR on a wide open road course with lots of sweepers can be interesting. That's basically what the Hendrick car under the Garage 56 banner did just a few weeks ago at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. It was fun to watch. And it got A LOT of attention by the fans and international press.

NASCAR on a stop and go, "road course" that's mostly made up of 90 degree turns sounds like a good time for an afternoon nap. When F1 does it it's sort of watchable. When NASCAR does it it's about as exciting as watching golf, but with cars.

ddhanna

NASCAR on a wide open road course with lots of sweepers can be interesting. That's basically what the Hendrick car under the Garage 56 banner did just a few weeks ago at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. It was fun to watch. And it got A LOT of attention by the fans and international press.

NASCAR on a stop and go, "road course" that's mostly made up of 90 degree turns sounds like a good time for an afternoon nap. When F1 does it it's sort of watchable. When NASCAR does it it's about as exciting as watching golf, but with cars.
Nascar has never raced on a street course. I'm expecting a bit of a demolition derby, especially if they get a few drops of rain.

euphoric1

NASCAR---What's that.

To many rules.

Don~
I agree, I used to be a big fan but wont turn down the chance to attend a race but...yes, too many rules and too many people on the track driving on the same team. When the teams formed, that was the end of following it for me, nobody drives to win anymore IMO, just to get one of the team across the line.

rph130

I too am curious how rampid the crime will run, especially in the outlying areas where parking will be at a premium
To answer euphoric and mezz, I was on the phone this morning with a friend that is still on the job. I had to tell him to shut down the radio because all I could hear was "Units on the city-wide, robbery in progress", "Units on the city-wide, car-jacking just occured" He told me that it was that way all morning long. The Chicago opportunists are taking advantage of all the NASCAR fans that would not know a bad guy until they no longer had their car or wallet. And Chicago city officials are boo-hooing because this stunt did not sell out hotels and bring as much revenue into their crooked pockets as they thought it would. Can't wait to hit the road on Sunday and head north to get away from this mess.