2/4/2022

BigSix

Not really a snowfall report but there are some lake effect flakes falling in Green Bay now. The trails in Brown County have not opened this year yet (or last year for that matter) and I don't think they will. We had our vintage snowmobile rally in New Franken last Saturday and there was enough snow for the bougie wheel machines to ride in the ditches but we lost about half of what we had during the warmup last Tuesday. As usual, the temps got way out of hand (it was 43 here with a local TV forecast of 38) and there is a lot of grass showing. With no meaningful snow in the forecast and above freezing temps forecast for next week, I would think our chances here for open trails are done for this year. Typically, Valentines day is the end of snowmobiling for this part of the state. Maybe next year. :(

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least you have that Farmall to tool around on. I'm thinking two snow storms for our area yet this year, One in March and the other in April after the swamps and streams have opened up of course...

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. "Snowmobiling, the definition of Insanity".