2/6/2019

1fujifilm

1.9" in downtown Green Bay

Hi Eyeman,
About the same over here near the G.B. Airport.
What I want to know is how the poop do we get "corn snow" mixed with ice-pellets when it is 17 degrees?
Yeah, yeah I know it is about upper atmosphere temp changes etc. but it is lame.

Can't wait to see what we get Thursday, looks like a mess.

Bear

Grant Hoar

An inch of sleet/freezing rain/rain/thunder/lightning combo here. First time I have ever seen guys plowing rain off the roads. Uuuuuuggggglllyy.

BigSix

Hi Eyeman,
About the same over here near the G.B. Airport.
What I want to know is how the poop do we get "corn snow" mixed with ice-pellets when it is 17 degrees?
Yeah, yeah I know it is about upper atmosphere temp changes etc. but it is lame.

Can't wait to see what we get Thursday, looks like a mess.

Bear

1fujifilm,
I agree. Temps last night on the east side of Green Bay were hovering around 18F. This morning about 20F and this was about the most dense 2.3" of snow I have ever seen. The air temps above the ground must have been in the 30s. Of course, not as waterlogged as the snow from April of 2018!

eyeman

1fujifilm,
I agree. Temps last night on the east side of Green Bay were hovering around 18F. This morning about 20F and this was about the most dense 2.3" of snow I have ever seen. The air temps above the ground must have been in the 30s. Of course, not as waterlogged as the snow from April of 2018!

We saw 2 sleds run by murphy's village pub in Howard and the snirt was pushing through. Dang it.