2 Dead in Vilas Co... Thursday

old abe

Awful, sad story old abe and something I have worried about since the late 80's when I brought my then fiancé, now wife up to northern Wisconsin for her first rides. When the kids came along, they were harnessed to us and that was another worry. When my daughter was big enough she sat in front of my wife and would fall asleep and her helmet would keep hitting the kill switch. Sad that we have to worry about so many other riders actions out there. When we group ride now, I find myself watching my mirrors and what is going on behind me as much as I do with what is coming at me.
Spot on rph 130! Your family riding sounds exactly like ours did, and does now. I well remember the harnesses, and the kill switch shut downs! And we do now with our grandchildren. Now we use a snow coach in order to better protect our precious little ones! Works great! We're up in age now, and my wife is all but scared to ride anymore away from home, due to the reckless riding manner, and conduct, of too many riders out there today. Very sad as our snowmobiling began, many years back, and continues as a family way of enjoying the winter season, outdoors snowmobiling. The manufacturers used to promote their snowmobiles as family, by advertising as "Family"! Those days sadly are gone. My two best riding buds, and I, have decided we will no longer go to the over crowded, crazy areas. We have for years only rode during the week, no weekends unless home in our own farm fields, and lightly traveled home trails. There is no enjoyment having to worry what will happen next, around the next corner, or hill. Be safe, ride, and enjoy the family riding, as it's the very best enjoyment on the snow!

snobuilder

snobuilder and TikTok, eh? o_O Go figure?:unsure:
whats wrong with watching videos ? is tik tok any worse than any other S M?

Except that TT is kicking the rest a their butts advertising wise so look for more banning of TT talk in the media as the money is everything to those pigs,

old abe

whats wrong with watching videos ? is tik tok any worse than any other S M?

Except that TT is kicking the rest a their butts advertising wise so look for more banning of TT talk in the media as the money is everything to those pigs,
You can have all TikTok you want. I have no need of it, or anything on it! Go for it!

pclark

pclark, I was thinking the same thing. We are heading back to PI from Chicago on the 12th and hopefully staying 2-3 weeks depending on the snow and trail conditions. I'm a little worried looking at forecast as I see you guys are going to be near 40 up there on Tuesday/Wednesday with sunshine and no foreseeable snow in the near future. You can contact me at rph130@aol.com and we can set something up. Looking forward to it.
Rph130, We are departing MW on 2/11 for a couple of weeks, need some vitamin D (Sun!). Wednesday is the worst day with 39 and sun but it's getting to be that time of year, I think we should weather it as there is still alot of snow out there. Thanks for your info and I'll contact you later in the month or as time permits.