2 - Stolen Sleds Northwest Indiana

lofsfire

Of course this is a long shot but its getting the word out there... Two of my friends had there sleds stolen from a secure storage area with video surveillance (but not clear enough video) and random patrols from armed security. (They do more than just the storage area so trip by here are random but do happen.) The sleds were stolen from Crown Point, IN (By back of Lakes of the Four Seasons POA storage area) on 12-9-19. One is very recognizable its a 2019 Yamaha SRX LE (custom painted, driver side paint will be damaged as it was driven along side of trailer when exiting)

79968268_3285229184885700_6010112891670233088_n.jpg

The other is 2012 Yamaha Apex LE (black)

Jon apax 1.JPG Jon apax 2.JPG

Here is the story:

Two lowlife POS’ decided to break into the the L.O.F.S. POA storage area last night, cut the locks off his trailer and proceed to steal TWO snowmobiles in TWO separate trips!! (10pm & 12am) If anyone has any information leading to the recovery and prosecution of these clowns, please let me know, you will be handsomely rewarded!

G

G

If they are really stupid they might put them on Craigslist or EBay or some other advertising site in that area. Also they could try to part them out. Check Totallyamaha for that.

heckler56

I suggest they get a Craigslist app and set up a daily search across numerous locals. Figure a good search word(s) and let it look across state, metro etc Craigslist locations sending you a daily summary.

lofsfire

Two Yammi's what did they use a fork lift (just kidding:)
Yeah sucks for sure hope they catch them.

Isn't that the truth. Back when he had his 98 SRX triple triple I used to give him such a hard time about that. But damn was that thing fast.

If they are really stupid they might put them on Craigslist or EBay or some other advertising site in that area. Also they could try to part them out. Check Totallyamaha for that.

I think all the guys in the group have been checking...

I suggest they get a Craigslist app and set up a daily search across numerous locals. Figure a good search word(s) and let it look across state, metro etc Craigslist locations sending you a daily summary.
Didn't think about the auto search functions good call...

WorkHardPlayHrd

What are the miles on each sled. Also the Vin numbers. We look at Craigslist up here daily. They might try to sell out of the area.

Also I'm assuming the keys were not in the sleds? If they were not it is worth a shot to contact Polaris and ask if they could send off an email to all dealers with the Vin numbers for the sleds. If they intend to sell or ride them they have to get keys. Both sleds are new enough that they will need to use the sled ID numbers in order to get the right keys. Just an idea.

Last edited:
What are the miles on each sled. Also the Vin numbers. We look at Craigslist up here daily. They might try to sell out of the area.

Also I'm assuming the keys were not in the sleds? If they were not it is worth a shot to contact Polaris and ask if they could send off an email to all dealers with the Vin numbers for the sleds. If they intend to sell or ride them they have to get keys. Both sleds are new enough that they will need to use the sled ID numbers in order to get the right keys. Just an idea.

Why contact Polaris , these are yamis,

WorkHardPlayHrd

Sorry this is what happens after being up 52 hours straight because the cows keep having calves. The brain goes on vacation without me.😴

saber1

Saw this on Yamaha facebook page i dont know if it was a coincidence but about a wk ago i had both locks cut on my trailer ,one was on the ground and one was cut but still on trailer something must of scared them off my son noticed it as he always parks behind the trailer when home i probably live 10 min from Crown point so might be the same POS From what i read those SOB made 2 trips to get those sleds.They loaded one drove off and came back for the other one Planing on putting an Alarm on my trailer in the near future so if any door is open an Alarm will sound Hope they catch them though.Also Titling is an option for an extra fee in Indiana.

POLARISDAN

Two Yammi's what did they use a fork lift (just kidding:)
Yeah sucks for sure hope they catch them.

hahahahahahaa..sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Saw this on Yamaha facebook page i dont know if it was a coincidence but about a wk ago i had both locks cut on my trailer ,one was on the ground and one was cut but still on trailer something must of scared them off my son noticed it as he always parks behind the trailer when home i probably live 10 min from Crown point so might be the same POS From what i read those SOB made 2 trips to get those sleds.They loaded one drove off and came back for the other one Planing on putting an Alarm on my trailer in the near future so if any door is open an Alarm will sound Hope they catch them though.Also Titling is an option for an extra fee in Indiana.

maybe time to say bye bye to insaneanna(sorry)

i moves outa illinoise cuz of da politico theves

lofsfire

I'm guessing I probably just titled mine and didn't even notice the extra fee seems like no matter when I go in the BMV I get hit with some type of fee. **** a couple years ago when we got that money back for them overcharging somehow it still cost me... At least that's the way it feels.

This was on the backside of LOFS, so closer to you than Crown Point proper... Also considering the storage area is not visible from the road, I think there's a pretty good feeling that it was somebody that knew what was there...

I was already on Amazon looking at alarms for my doors as well.

C

Cirrus_Driver

Take the whole trailer to a place that installs car alarms, and have them install a motion sensor that you can adjust, and get a pager with it.
I had an adjustable one on my last Corvette, and that thing would go off if a heavy truck went by it too close, when parked.

saber1

Im lucky have a brother that is a electronics technician he is going to put something together for me should cost around 50 bucks cheap insurance