2000 Polaris 700 xc parts?

jayrob7

I am sure this question has been asked alot, but I am new to the threads. Was wondering if anybody could give me some good places to order parts for my sled. Just bought it a last week, haven't had once since I was in high school. I am located in eastern Iowa if that makes a difference. Don't mind paying shipping, but i know that there are places that are much cheaper than others. Thanks for the help! John dee is an great website!

polarfreek

I just bought some engine parts from Babbitts out of Muskegon, MI. They are about 25% off list? Delivery was pretty quick too.
Seems like oem parts are very comparable in price everywhere. My local dealer was a tick higher when you include sales tax so you have to weigh in these factors too.
Just my $.02

www.babbittsonline.com

jayrob7

thanks

Thanks for the advise, i will give these sites a try. this sport is about like goose hunting, rather expensive. lol

polarisrider1

I just bought some engine parts from Babbitts out of Muskegon, MI. They are about 25% off list? Delivery was pretty quick too.
Seems like oem parts are very comparable in price everywhere. My local dealer was a tick higher when you include sales tax so you have to weigh in these factors too.
Just my $.02

www.babbittsonline.com

X2, I live close enough to them most the time I pick up my parts. Busy place. Good pricing.

jayrob7

performance

any little items i can swap out to increase performance. the top end is really good, but it seems to stall a little from the go. my brother in law rides a 03 renegade 600 h.o. he is much faster off the line and it takes me a bit to catch up. not wanting to get crazy spending money, but i know there a few little things i can do

bigred_tr

mmm JayRob

Well **** yeah it's expensive ! Not for the cheap at heart for sure. But with that said you have to figure out what kind of ride'n you want to do..Are in for racing from one end of the lake and see who hooks up better. ( I have never studded my track ) Or Hot fun trail riding..?? running all in a "closer" group dig'n the challenge of what the trail has for you in the next turn ! ( we all have helmet radio's too..more $ but Well worth it ! ) I ride a 500XC boyZ eat me up on the lake but on trail I ride right a long with the big Dogs..I did put a Boost bottle on my sled that seemed to hesitate on the low end..seemed to take it away. But keep it to stock as possible. Manufactor spec's are there and if you start adding stuff they sometimes have Bad results. Unless you know what you are dealing with. And those guys will tell you how they burnt this or that..LOL...Anyways pays to shop on the net here...can get better pricing on different items on different sites. Good luck !

Think Snow
BR

Last edited:

indy_500

when you say your looking for parts do you mean aftermarket parts/accessories, or stock oem parts?

jayrob7

parts

On motor or electrical parts I would rather stick with oem parts, but on clamps brackets hoses ect. i wouldn't mind putting aftermarket on. I have checked out a couple of sights but haven't found a ton of aftermarket parts. The sled that I bought was trailered from wyoming to illinois with no salt shield. then sat for two years. The outside cleaned up like new, but the inside looks like a disaster. It runs great, but I will have to replace alot of the clamps brackets shields ect. the salt just ate it alive. I have to get gaskets for the exhaust and probably an exhaust. don't know much about exhaust i know there is alot out there and some that do increase hp. don't want to get crazy all at once but am willing to spend some money over a period of time little by little. I haven't found anything negative said about this model of sled and I know that polaris has always been very reliable. it handles great!
thanks for the advice that everybody has been willing to give!