2004 Pantera 800 EFI wont run right?

rozzy43

OK, snowmobile started cutting out a few yrs back, so thought it was a fuel pump issue, replaced fuel pump same problem. so next was the TPS, but this came as a whole assy not just the TPS Switch and still same problem, now the fun part, this snowmobile is equipped with a remote start! is there a way to bypass the remote start to see if this is the starting/running issue? it will start and idle with the TPS unplugged, give it gas and its sputters and cuts out, Plug the TPS back in and Nothing! my question?....... remote start? fuse somewhere? ground wire? throttle body sensor? anyone ever had this happen to them that can shed some light on the fix?

sweeperguy

Do those Arctic Cats have a Throttle Safety Switch. (In the thumb flipper) Like the ones on Polaris. Sounds an awful lot like a Poo will start acting up when the TSS is going bad, or getting packed full of snow.
Are you saying now it won't run when you plug in the TPS

- - - Updated - - -

OK, snowmobile started cutting out a few yrs back, so thought it was a fuel pump issue, replaced fuel pump same problem. so next was the TPS, but this came as a whole assy not just the TPS Switch and still same problem, now the fun part, this snowmobile is equipped with a remote start! is there a way to bypass the remote start to see if this is the starting/running issue? it will start and idle with the TPS unplugged, give it gas and its sputters and cuts out, Plug the TPS back in and Nothing! my question?....... remote start? fuse somewhere? ground wire? throttle body sensor? anyone ever had this happen to them that can shed some light on the fix?

Are you saying now its worse, and when you plug the TPS back in. AND NOTHING? IT QUITS?

sweeperguy

The TPS or TSS has been replaced, whole new assy on handle bar.

Oh I thought TPS was throttle position sensor, on the throttle body. Polaris has issues with them having been set to wrong voltage values and having runability issues. Quite a lengthy process of setting voltage values. Have to supply it with like 5 volts. Then check back side voltage for specific values. Haven't had to deal with that issue yet. NOT looking forward to it.

Looks like an entirely different process for AC hook up to PC with a diagnostics cable. SOUNDING like a dealer fix. But I just did a quick search on snowest

Last edited:

mountaincat2002

I believe you can unplug the 2 wire connector coming from the throttle side handle bar which will eliminate the safety switch. then you can give it some gas and see if it quits. don't quote me on this, it's either unplug it or unplug it and put a jumper wire between the 2 terminals. you can do either one it's not going to hurt anything.

junior

I had that exact sled. My problems were two part. One a bolt inside the power valve housing worked loose and stuck valve open. Other was stator. Replaced stator on my 2002 ZR800 and 2004 Pantera 800