2005 700 sabercat efi

T

Tracker

Replaced stator ran good. Backfired and now no spark won't start. Any ideas why.

yes...check the TPS....the throttle on handlebars....there is a pin that holds the flipper on and it has to be minimal clearance...too much and it backfires and wont start....it might be worn...how long did it run good after stator replaced....and check ground wires since ya did the stator...check all wires and plugs that ya unhooked during stator replace...one other thing...are you using SOLID tipped spark plugs....if screw on tip type...see if one or both is loose...I only use solid now for this reason....and BR9ES is a better plug than the BR9EYA if the EYA's have that skinny tip...if its big diameter like the ES's then those are ok...EYA's run hotter is all....ES is a sturdier plug and last longer and fouls less

PS....if flipper has too much wiggle without pulling on wire its too much...space should be only .015 to .060 I think...cant remember exact numbers but its something like that amount

jan_fisher

ok' thanks. been using the 9es plugs since day one good there. I checked the tps before switching the stator and couldn't get it to back fire then but will double check that . seemed a litttle loose to me. went thru grounds first thing. just like working on trailor lites 99% of the time its a ground. LOL.

T

Tracker

ok' thanks. been using the 9es plugs since day one good there. I checked the tps before switching the stator and couldn't get it to back fire then but will double check that . seemed a litttle loose to me. went thru grounds first thing. just like working on trailor lites 99% of the time its a ground. LOL.

the flipper gap at the flat part is key