2006 electrical problems

ill marty

Was out riding in the huron mountains all day . Stopped at mt shasta for dinner . came out started sled i had dim h/lamps . jiggled wires h/lamps came on and to camp i went . Next morning started sled had dim h/lamp jiggled wires and h/lamp came on . my question is jiggling the wires is coincidence for h/lamp going on . should i buy a voltage regulator because its not if they go bad but when . anyone have a bad wire somewhere or symtoms of regulator going south . Thanks , i finally remembered my password lol

ill marty

Was out riding in the huron mountains all day . Stopped at mt shasta for dinner . came out started sled i had dim h/lamps . jiggled wires h/lamps came on and to camp i went . Next morning started sled had dim h/lamp jiggled wires and h/lamp came on . my question is jiggling the wires is coincidence for h/lamp going on . should i buy a voltage regulator because its not if they go bad but when . anyone have a bad wire somewhere or symtoms of regulator going south . Thanks , i finally remembered my password lol

2006 polaris rmk 600 ho is sled that might help eh

bigred_tr

Follow the wires around some there ill Marty. Look to see if any are bare touching other metal parts. Normally voltage regulators go they just one day lose their magic dust. PooF !!

BTW...most voltage regulators are attached to the sled either bolts or rivets.

Good luck eh !

BR

Dave_B

Did you have any other issues?
I had a 2007 600 HO that acted the same way. Only difference is, mine bogged and stalled as well. When I restarted it, after letting it sit for a while, it ran fine but, the lights were super bright. Let it sit overnight and dry out and, after that, never had a problem. Sold the sled to Polarice and I don't think he's had any similar problems.