2006 Switchback 600 ho

A buddy of mine is interested in one of these.It has 5200 miles, electric start ,reverse and looks clean overall.Asking price is 3000 bucks, anything to look for on these?To the best of my knowledge these were good machines, but any feedback would be appreciated!

elf

Not sure about the Y Pipe issue b ut the carb boots can be an issue. i had mine replaced once. Overall though great sled. I had 6000+ miles on mine when I sold it last year. Never had an issue with it.

tnehlsen

I run about 280 and ride a 06 crossfire 6, little less ponies thant the polaris, but he will be fine. Took mine out to the snowies last year, can keep up with any other 600 on a level surface, but with the 280 elbows, cant quite climb as high as he might want. Thats my personal experience with a 600 class sled. Buddy I went with has the 06 switchy 600 and he won the highmark award that weekend. Think he is about 220 though. Next sled will have an 800 for sure.

elf

Btw, my bud goes about 280 lbs, is the 600 gonna be taxed?

It depends on what you use it for. If he's a trail rider, no, the 600 won't be taxed. If you are in the mtns with it, a 600 with a 144 is already on the small side. I weigh about 245 with gear and I never had an issue with my 06 600 switch not having enough power. That little engine rocks! But, when I took my 2010 600 RMK 144 to the mtns, I wish I'd had more sled.

Polarice

A buddy of mine is interested in one of these.It has 5200 miles, electric start ,reverse and looks clean overall.Asking price is 3000 bucks, anything to look for on these?To the best of my knowledge these were good machines, but any feedback would be appreciated!

That is a great deal! I bought an '07 121" and it had over 5000 on it. I got it from DaveB on this site. It's a great sled! We put at least 1300 miles on it. I changed the sliders and carbides and some bearings (for good measure) but nothing else.

I can't believe the price on that.

My buddy isn't going to buy it, the contact number is 517-652-9166.Its located in Seney, Michigan sitting right in front of the office at the Fox River Motel with a For Sale sign on it.The guy seems motivated to sell as he called my friend back the following day just to follow up.