2007 600 CFI vs 2007 600 Carb IQ

kurtz09

If you had the choice of these sleds and the price difference was only $200 which one would you choose?

My main factor would be reliability. I also would consider MPG as a factor but less so than the reliablity.

Thanks for any input guys!

D

dave_b

Assuming they are new, go with the CFI. You will get 5 more horsepower, better mileage and the CFI gauge pod has both the analog and digital display. The track isn't the best. I think it was the 1" Shockwave. Unless you are going to stud it, upgrade to a 1.25" Ripsaw. It will give you much better traction.
Dave

oldguy

Dependability--HO
Price--HO
Mileage--CFI
Gauges--CFI
Handling--same
Cold start--HO
warm start--CFI
Warm performance--CFI
Ease engine repair--HO
Oil consumption--CFI
Cold running--CFI
Resale--close
speed--CFI

I have both this is what I have found.

anonomoose

Think of it this way....EFI came on the scene back in the mid 80's. And computes about 30 different things in between piston strokes, and keeps the mix spot on, no matter what altitude, temp, barometric pressure, etc.

Would you buy car with a carburetor which does one simple thing all on it's own? Or do you like your EFI car which never needs tinkering to keep it right?

Apparently OLDGUY has a problem with cold starts on his...which means something is wrong. Mine start right up and hold their own without the need of me remembering to shut down choke, flooding, fouling plugs, etc.

The modern sled with computer driven parts is an amazing thing, and though I do own some stuff that still has a carb, I would trade any of them for a computer controlled fueler any day of the week and twice on sundays.

oldguy

Anonomoose, I ride up in northern MN. When the sled sits outside at 20 below or less it takes all I have to pull it over. The HO pulls over much easier in the same low temps. The CFI does start fine once you can pull it over fast enough.

booondocker

Hey, Old Guy...that's why they make electric starts...for guys like us to hit the key and start it up. Nothing Manly about getting a heart attack trying to start a sled...in cold weather.

Also get a tarp to throw over the sleds at night and it makes a huge difference starting the sleds in the morning.

Buy a Cat, go to the window, hit the keyfob and have a nice warm engine by the time you grunt and complain about getting your gear on....

oldguy

It wouldn’t so bad but by the time I get the wife’s sled, the daughter’s sled and my sled going I have to lay down and take a nap.

I did fix the problem, just built a new heated garage.