2007 Polaris IQ Spindles; Heavy Steering. HRP??

snosnake

I am just curious if anyone has had any luck with the HPR or any other aftermarket spindles to help ease the heavy steering on the 2007 IQ. Are the new polaris spindles much better? I just stretched to a 136" track and installed C&A powder ski's with 8" carbides. I am worried that this will make the steering even heavier?
Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

booondocker

I would expect that the longer carbides aren't going to help you steer that machine with the originals spindles.

I swapped mine out for the holtz units, which make quit a difference. Holtz says that Polaris copied their spindles and put them on the 09 models.

I don't know about the C&A skis.

S

skylar

Carls Cycle sales had new take off 09 and 010 spindles for sale at 150 bucks for the pair. You might want to call them and see if they still have them. What I did with my 07 RMK was switch to Slydog Powderhound skis, the heavy steering was dramitically reduced. Before I switched I had SLP Powder Pros on it, and after 3 days of riding, my elbows would hurt for about a week afterwards. Love the Powderhounds!

snosnake

Thank you Skylar and Booondocker for the input. It seems that the Powderhounds are the ski of choice. I appreciate the help.

D

Deleted member 10829

I called Carls Cycle this week and they are still waiting for the new sleds to come in and they aren't sure when or how many spindles they will have. I am 10th in line they told me. I hope that works out as it's a good deal. Their phone # is 208-853-5550 and I talked to Dave in the parts dept.

WIrider

Just talked with Chris at Carl's and I will have my takeoffs next week. They are starting to get the takeoff's out. Don't know how many they plan on getting. I talked with Chis or Jake. I am not sure where on the list I was, I sent my name in the day they posted on Snowest. $150 bucks for 2010 Dragon spindles is great alternative to the other $300 options. Good Luck.

indy_500

not to steal your thread here but is it possible to modify a trail armed snowmobile into the newer iq front suspension sleds? i'm not looking into doing it but i'm just curious

snosnake

Indy,
No Problem. I do not think that there would be any economical way to put the IQ A-Arm type suspension on a trailing arm sled. I am sure there are some talented fabricators that could figure it out, but not without major modification.

roam

i put the 09 spindles and slydog trail skis on my fusion...steering effort decreased significantly and still had good bite. the spindles themselves didn't seem to do much, but i love it with the slydogs

uncle_ed

Snosnake, I had a 2006 700 classic which had a 128" track and did not notice heavy steering at all. Maybe your set up will be alright. I would try it first and then trouble shoot from there. Maybe adjust the rear suspension i.e. lengthen limiter strap or whatever will help carry more weight in the back and ease up on the front.