2007 Switchback Belt?

kraven700

Everything must be in alignment and spaced correctly. However, I found that my belts were just getting too hot (06 fusion 600ho). The slp vent in the bellypan did wonders to my belt life. Then I changed to the 3211122 belt (not quite as expensive as the 3211115), but better than stock and I don't see any belt issues anymore.
Kraven - thanks for the wealth of information. What is the best way to clean the exhaust valve bore down into the cylinder? I blasted everything else away with brake cleaner up underneath the bellows (what a mess). But I didn't want to blast that crap into my motor, so how do you clean that small bore down into the cylinder?

I wrap a shop rag around a gasket scraper and soak the rag in brake-Clean or Lacquer thinner, and run that in and out of the bores to clean them.

Ditto on the vents, it should help out the O/P, but I think there's still another issue he hasn't found yet.

kraven700

Kraven700

Thanks for the information. My .020" gap at the back side of the secondary using the Team alignment tool. So the bigest thing is to get my center to center distance adjusted. I found if I take a .060" of a shim and place it under the left hand FWD engine mount I can get the .020" gap out from the clutch aligement and then I moved the motor back to get the 11.5" center to center distance. Mine is not that far out to the point of slotting the engine mounts. I did find out that both rear motor mount nuts were not torqued down to 28 lb.ft. I appricate all the extras you have shaired and I will make sure to check those items out.

Shimming that one side only now puts the crank c/line on a different plane than the jack shaft, essential causing the belt to "TWIST" so I would NOT recommend doing that.

That .020" of air gap at the rear of the secondary is PERFECT! Now that I know you've been using the correct alignment bar. Previously, I thought you were using the GOLD PLATED POLARIS TOOL.

Did you check for a broken motor mount and or stud pulled through the chassis, if not try taking a LARGE pry bar and try prying the engine up, especially the P.T.O. side front.

I thought that you measured and posted (correct me if I mis-read) the c/c to be long ??

The ONLY way to shorten the C/C on and IQ is to slot the engine brackets. Slot the bracket holes an equal amount on both sides.

Talk to SLP, they'll advise the same they say they've seen this on ALL BRANDS from time to time.

To confirm that c/c/ measurement without the tool, do this:

1) Remove both clutches

2) BUTT the accurate metal measure rule up to the jack-shaft and measure to the center of the crank, looking for 11.00" (as the jack-shaft is 1" O.D., deducting half that from the 11.5" c/c)

The other way is copy the tool of my pic, and fabricate one out of a piece of 1/8" thick scrap aluminum or steel.

Follow the TECH TIPS, and you'll have the quickest "stock " 700 on the trail, and your belts will last forever.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Kraven - any tips for measuring the alignment on a Fusion 600 with e start? I was told there is a special tool from Polaris for the sleds with e start, and it is expensive. That is why I just paid a dealer to check it. I think it was worse after the dealer adjusted it!

kraven700

Kraven - any tips for measuring the alignment on a Fusion 600 with e start? I was told there is a special tool from Polaris for the sleds with e start, and it is expensive. That is why I just paid a dealer to check it. I think it was worse after the dealer adjusted it!

The difference in the tool is the "ears" are cut off/missing off of the alignment tool as the ring gear on the primary gets in the way.

Although I have not tried this, I see no reason why you couldn't use the regular SLP (or TEAM, etc) alignment bar and trim the "ears" partially off?????? Either that or temporarily remove the ring gear from your primary to check it with the regular tool.

Give it a try and post some feed-back.