2008 Nytro to 2012 Renegade Backcountry

huttes99

I just sold my 08nytro and purchased a 2012 renegade backcountry 800etec with 1.75 track. A lot of my riding will be on groomed trails and I am planning on installing ice scratchers to help with sled temp and hifax use. my question is how does the backcountry handle on trails is it gonna be hard to get used to riding. I noticed the ski stance is only 40.1 compared to the mxz tnt of 42.4. I can still change and buy the MXZ TNT 800etec because the sleds havent been delivered yet. Don't want to buy the wrong sled really like the renegade but don't want to spend 12,000 on something that sucks to ride, Thanks

ezra

hard to say I would rather have the 136 than the 121 even with the more narrow stance.I just don't know about a 1.75 for a mainly trail sled can you get a 1.5 or 1.25 would think if not delivered would not be hard to work out with the dealer .I ride trail about 40% with a 2.25 and get buy ok so a 1.75 will work but just no high speed glare ice lakes

huttes99

I really think I am gonna go with the backcountry at the very worse I would have to change the track eventually. My dealer does not normally sell sleds but in order to sell parts they had to order 8 this year so my choices are limited. And I don't want to buy elsewhere since he is selling them at cost with no setup or freight. I don't really want another 121. Thanks for the input.

renten

I really think I am gonna go with the backcountry at the very worse I would have to change the track eventually. My dealer does not normally sell sleds but in order to sell parts they had to order 8 this year so my choices are limited. And I don't want to buy elsewhere since he is selling them at cost with no setup or freight. I don't really want another 121. Thanks for the input.

It's too bad you can't just get the Renegade Adrenaline 800etec. For mostly trail the wider stance and the 1.25 lug is perfect and still will work very well for the occasional off trail.

It's too bad you can't just get the Renegade Adrenaline 800etec. For mostly trail the wider stance and the 1.25 lug is perfect and still will work very well for the occasional off trail.

I was gonna say the same thing, see if you can get the Renegade Adrenaline. Seems like the perfect sled to fit your needs. Either way, your gonna have a new sled to ride and they're great sleds.

pirate

Honestly the backcountry is for60/ 70% off trail and 30/40% on trail.. You can certainly ride trails with it, but unless your primarily in a high snow area's like the UP i wouldnt go with that model. A Renegade Adrenaline is way more suited for what you intend to ride. Or if they have one, any of the Gsx's in a Se model with the 137" track . Remember E'tec's only run on 91 octane unless in a pinch to get to your next gas stop.. Also I've demo'd all of them at skidoo's ride program last year and think the backcountry isn't what you really want from what you intend to do. just my thought's..
Pirate

misty_pines

I agree with the other posters that the Renegade Adrenaline sounds like it would be the ideal sled for you but the Backcountry would work just fine also I think. I have a Renegade Backcountry 800 e-tec and put about 1,000 miles on it last year with over 1/2 of that on groomed trails. I was very happy with how it handled on the trails even with the slightly narrower ski stance than the Adrenaline (40" or 38" vs. 42" on Adrenaline). Even on the narrow ski stance setting (38") it still handled just fine on the trails. My hyfax held up fine and are not even 1/2 worn yet and I never had any overheating issues. I don't have ice scratchers either. The sled also does great off trail as well. If you end up going with the Backcountry, I think you will be happy. Like you said, you can always change out the track down the road if you feel necessary.

cooksend

Selling new doos @ cost? Can anyone get in on this deal??

Most dealers are close enough to cost anyways!

Go with the Renegade Adrenaline! It is an awsome trail sled and still very capable if your idea of backcountry is bombing forest roads! By the sled for what will be 80% of your riding. If you find that you spend more and more time off trail buck up and throw a 1.5 or 1.75 on the sled then!