2008 Polaris Dragon 700 Question

snowshark94

There is a Brass Sleeve on my rear undercarriage that is all worn out and the part is not on the Polaris OEM Parts finder. Has anyone replaced this sleeve before and know where to get one? I attached a picture.

brass sleeve.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

xcr440

I saw that when I went through my Switchback this summer. No grease points on it, so I gave it a little when I put it all back together. Strange it is not a replaceable item on that part list you show.

I would check a company like western power sports for a bushing kit. I am sure someone makes a complete kit that would include that bushing or try some of the performance companies like Goodwin in Zion IL. The other option would be companies specializing in grass drag race parts they may have something. Or have them custom made press them in. It may be a standard bushing that is available through McMaster Carr

snowshark94

I ended up buying them at McMaster Carr for $6 oil lite brass sleeves, they penetrate oil as they get used. My buddy Tony helped me hone them down a bit, then he heated it up and pressed them out with a small hand
press and pressed them back in like butter, they are solid.
#3 in the picture is a different hardened steel sleeve that inserts into the brass.
Thanks Tony and everyone for the help
20141211_191808.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, nice work
McMaster Carr has everything the problem is finding it, if they dont have it they have something that can be modified to work. Now think what would you have been willing to pay for a bushing kit for the rear torqe arm if someone had a kit. $60-100 dollars for a $6 dollar bushing