2008 Polaris Dragon 700 won't start

snowshark94

We just got done riding 150 miles and the sled died when we stopped at a stop sign, now the sled won't start. It has spark, but seems like it is getting no fuel. Tank is full and it runs on starting fluid, just won't stay running. Does anyone think the electronic fuel pump could of went bad, or any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

snowshark94

I Let the sled sit for days and it starts right up now. It drops down to under 1000 rpm on idle and I lose the lights and dash. When I give it gas it runs fine, it just idles low. Does anyone think it could be a tear in the boot that covers the reeds. Maybe it is getting too much air and it makes it idle low cashing it not to get enough voltage and lose the lights and dash? I heard those boots were a bad design and go bad. When I Rev it up the Dash and lights pops on no problem. Or does anyone think the computer board on this thing could be going bad? Has anyone noticed this before?

snake

I Let the sled sit for days and it starts right up now. It drops down to under 1000 rpm on idle and I lose the lights and dash. When I give it gas it runs fine, it just idles low. Does anyone think it could be a tear in the boot that covers the reeds. Maybe it is getting too much air and it makes it idle low cashing it not to get enough voltage and lose the lights and dash? I heard those boots were a bad design and go bad. When I Rev it up the Dash and lights pops on no problem. Or does anyone think the computer board on this thing could be going bad? Has anyone noticed this before?

sounds like an electrical issue. I would start by eliminating stop circuits....key switch, kill switch and wiring to them is all part of the stop circuit. if that doesn't help then i would test stator or regulater

srt20

if the rpm get low enough it will not power the lights.

Yes check the intake boots. I had to replace mine in 09, when the sled was 1 year old.

But that doesn't sound like the issue in the original post.

Sounds like a lack of fuel issue from what you describe.

snowshark94

I replaced the fuel filter and same problem. It now runs fine after it warms up over 100°, but when it starts cold and sits it won't idle and dies. Still think the boot that holds the reed valves in might have a tear in it,so it might be getting to much air. Gonna take it apart next weekend. Had a similar problem 3000 miles ago, so I replaced that boot cause of a tear and it then ran good. What do you guys think, would to much air make it idle low?

xcr440

I replaced the fuel filter and same problem. It now runs fine after it warms up over 100°, but when it starts cold and sits it won't idle and dies. Still think the boot that holds the reed valves in might have a tear in it,so it might be getting to much air. Gonna take it apart next weekend. Had a similar problem 3000 miles ago, so I replaced that boot cause of a tear and it then ran good. What do you guys think, would to much air make it idle low?

When you say the boot that holds the reed valves in, that is the throttle body adaptor. Those were famous for going bad 2-3000 miles into their life. The new ones were better, so if you replaced that, you should not have that issue anymore. I replaced mine at 2300, and I'm over 10k on the motor now.

As suggested, I would try going down the road of injector cleaner next.

cooksend

Do the inspection of your intake system as others have mentioned and also pull compression! If compression is good take it to a dealer and have them check it out on Digital Wrench and check your TPS setting. A couple simple things before you dig in deeper!