2008 Polaris Heated Shield Connection to Sled

mngolf4

My apologies if this has been addressed in a historical thread but my searches didn't turn up anything specific to the 2008 Polaris. I have a 600 Switchback. I know the 2009 has a 2-prong "trailer plug" near the airbox. Not sure if the 2008 does well. Appreciate a reply if you've installed a heated shield connection on this sled and found a relatively easy way to do so. Just bought an HJC helmet with heated shield and I'm looking to get the sled setup for it.

dognvenus

Locate the voltage regulator there should be a 2 or 3 plug, use a test light with the sled running and locate the empty spot that gives you power. This should be 12V regulated. Use a an automotive style connector that fits tightly. I use a little dialectric grease when I crimp my connector and when I plug into the regulator to ward off any moisture laying in or around the connection. Make sure you find a good ground spot, use a little grease on those connections and should be good to go. Hope this helps.

Dog

motor_slut

Would help to know what sled we are talking about. 2008 only pins down a year not a model.

That being said power is yellow on carb models and red on CFI. Use a multimeter or test light to check for power on the plug to be sure.

mngolf4

Spent some time searching - no luck finding the 2 prong plug near the airbox like I've seen on a friend's 2009 600 Switchback. Also looked under the plastic housing on top of the clutch guard. Lots going on under there but no obvious connectors to tap into. I see some open connectors on the harness running towards the headlights - plan to check those for 12V tomorrow. Again, if someone has already found a plug to easily make this connection I'd appreciate your input.

mngolf4

Found the 2 prong connector I was looking for. Had to remove the "Cover, Console, Fixed" that fits around the steering column to be able to see the wiring harness better. Just like on the 2009's, it's a 2 prong connector stubbed out the the wiring harness wrapped in black electrical tape. Also, to make this a slick install, Arctic Cat sells the mating cable (2 prong to RCA - P/N 4202-923). $16 later and I'm good to go!!! Polaris only provides the same cable with their Polaris heated shields.