2009 Arctic Cat Crossfire power valve cable adjustment

ridehard

I just checked my power valve cable adjustment on my 2009 crossfire 800. The book shows to measure the cable length between the end of the cable sheath housing steel end to the inside of the lug on the end of the cable. basically measure the cable that is exposed. The book calls for 1.377 length on the 800 and mine measures 1.290. The power valve functions fine and does not shut down after 3 attempts as the book says it will do if out of adjustment. When I measure the cable length to the center of the lug instead of the inside of it it does measure 1.377. so is the book wrong in how it is showing how to measure it? can it still be out of adjustment this far and function fine? any input would be appreciated. thanks

catalac

Mine is a little on the short side also,( I don't mean that) and mine runs fine.
I was going to adjust it when I cleaned the valves, but have not done it this year.

ridehard

The book says the servo motor senses the spring tension on the valve and that is how it positions the valve from the resistance from the spring it knows where to position it. So how close does it actually got to be?

Cat-ryder50

I have the 600 and we try to adjust every year when cleaning the power valves, but it is always short like you say. But come riding time I can tell that the power valves are defiently doing their job.