2009 Silverado 2500 transmission

Sweep800

The trans slips when shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I've had it in several times and the first time they said it was a normal characteristic. The second time they pulled the trans replaced the 3/5 clutch, the third time they replaced it with a rebuilt and it still does it. I know this was a problem on 07/08. All this was done at a dealer. It still slips and when you slow down to almost stopped then accelerate it's like it has know idea what gear it should be in. Any input would be appreciated. Just wondering if I'm alone and got a bad one. And it gets 10 mpg.

fish633

I have an 04,it does the same thing.In all honesty it's the been the worst vehicle I have ever owned.Thousands spent in repairs mostly computer/electrical issues.

polarisrider1

Back in the day (1998) I bought a 3/4 ton (2500) Suburban with the 454 and 4:10 gears. that truck nickle and dimed me to death along with the thousands for gas to run it. Consumers reports gave it all black dots for a rating (after the fact). I donated it to a church youth group for them to sell to raise funds for a trip. I see they still have not improved them.

gffdc1045

I have a 2010 HD2500 that has done the same thing from the day I bought it new. The truck now has 107000 miles on it on the original tranny. My dealer has made notes on it to GM in the event that it failed close to warrenty but it never happened. If you take it to the dealer and have them clear the memory (reset to factory specs) it will slow down the slippage and on mine it increases the fuel milage (average of 10.8) for a while but with a heavy foot and alot of trailer pulling it will soon relearn your driving style and change the shift points again. I don't know if this helps you or not but I hope it does.:rolleyes:

samc

It's a computer issue not a trans issue. Buddy had this exact same issue on his 08 1500. You might want to consider dumping it now before it cost you more down the road.

snoeatr

You can buy a programmer and set shift points and firmness. I know you should not have to, but it will fix the problem

Sweep800

Thanks for the replies. I traded a 02 3/4 that had 188,000 miles on it and I wish I had it back
It still is covered under warranty so I guess I'll take it in again. I use it for work so the loaner(car) they give me doesn't work real well. On the bright side, I'll save $ on gas.

I have a buddy with the exact same truck and he says he has not had a problem.
I DON"T GET IT!