2010 Polaris Rush, Should I Buy ?

superski

I have a chance to buy a couple 2010 Rush demos with electric start for the wife and I at a really good price. Now that people who bought 2010's have had a year to ride and evaluate, are there any issues ? Would you buy again based on your current experience with the Rush ?
I was on another site and read about overheating issues and some buyers had very hot exhaust that melted side and hood panels. I'm wondering if this is true or not , and if there are any people having common problems.
I was thinking 2011, but can buy the 2010's for alot less and still get a warranty. What do ya think ? mistake or not ?

dale_58

they were selling for $5700 + tax,set up. what were they selling for at the start of the season? wasn't it $10,000 ??

Dale

Dale where was that at? I've been wanting a Rush but don't really want to spend $8000. I've seen 1 or 2 in the low to mid $7000's but can't get myself to pull the trigger. Is that new, I assume? Or are you seeing that price used?

superski

The price is near the $6,000 range and the sleds have less than 800 miles on them. I know this is a good price, but I've herd that some owners were having overheating issues and others even had hood panels melting from cans being very hot. There was speculation that the exhaust cans had a baffle work loose and cause obstructed flow and very hot cans. I presently have 2002 600 XCSP's that had cooling issues the first year or so. I corrected those issues but really don't know if I want to deal with problems like that again even at a good price.
The majoriety of riders I talked to personally were very happy and said they had not had any problems, but I've only talked to about 5 or 6. Talked with 2 different dealer mechanics and although they had herd rumors they did not have any units in for repairs - but I herd the same in 2002 when I had problems with my XC's.
I was hopiong to hear from as many 2010 owners as possible before making my purchase, so If anyone has anything to report on ANY issues please let me know.

indy_500

i would make some cooling adjustments and whatnot if i could get a rush for 6k but...i'd have to have 6k first!

skidoo4fun

2010 Rush

2010 Rush nice sled, good motor, good fuel economy, you or the dealer will need to set up for the weight of the primary rider. It may take some experimenting to get the correct setup for the primary rider. Once you get it set up you and the wife should be happy. Also, you may want to add a taller windshield, cold sled IMO.

snoughnut

2010 Rush nice sled, good motor, good fuel economy, you or the dealer will need to set up for the weight of the primary rider. It may take some experimenting to get the correct setup for the primary rider. Once you get it set up you and the wife should be happy. Also, you may want to add a taller windshield, cold sled IMO.

LMAO! Good motor, good fuel economy? LMAO again, Polaris can get bent. Oops, re-read the post and thought you were talking about the Rush 800, anyway, Polaris can still get bent.

Last edited:

miaferominka

Only thing I have heard or read bad about the Rush is from guys on doo talk who have never owned a polaris. Go for it, if you dont like them you can sell them for what you are paying for them next year.

nic

snoughnut- that was very helpful to this thread....

I rode one and have posted that I thought they were cold to ride. But that was my only complaint. The one I rode belongs to a friend who doesn't have many miles on it, but no issues. 6K sounds like a really good price. As someone noted- at the very least, you could sell it for that much in a year if you don't like it. The fact that dealer service guys say they heard the rumors, but have yet to actually see the problem would make me happy as well. Rumors are easy to start. But if they've yet to see the proof- I would take that to mean it's not as common as some would like you to believe.

oldguy

I also do not own one, but rode with several guys that had them. They had not experienced any problems with theirs. The thing I did noticed while riding behind them is they seemed like they were not working as hard in the corners. The Rushes definably went over the bumps smoother then my sled. I was driving a 2009 Shift with Walker Evans Shocks and 1.25 ripsaw track.

fusionfool

The only way I buy a Polaris any more is hold over inventory. They cut their own throat by having a $10K sled sell for under $6K the following spring after you snow check. Try to sell a sled or trade in and get a decent price after they low ball the price to move inventory. For the last 5 sleds, I have went with hold over sleds and had very good savings. Go for it with the lower price.
JMO

mjkaliszak

Try to find an owner that had put some serious miles on one ( 2500 -3500 ) . That type of rider will have some precise info on what the " quirks " are . I have found with more than 1 sled that it wasn't until after we clocked up some above average miles that we could evaluate it's worth. Some folks will love it because it's a Pol, some will hate it like on doo talk ( above ), and some will defend their purchase no matter what. I would get more feedback especially if I was buying (2). The limited cooling capacity (AKA over heating...if true ) would be a concern for me. The sled does look like it would stick it in the corners, in fact the best handling sled ( stock set-up ) I ever bought for the type of riding we do was a Polaris.