2011 pro r 800 rush

cpaum

Just want to give everyone an update. I have around 1,500 miles on the rush this year so far and haven't had any problems. Motor is very very strong and the ride is secound to none. Everyone might want to rethink what sled your riding. The rush just can't be beat. Takes a few miles to get used to it. But after dialed in. Can't touch it.

Cat better start changing or they will never catch up.

Chad

prowrench

I've seen some posts about the rush not being any good in deep snow. Do you think so? I haven't even sat on one, so I don't know if it would really fit me 6'5" 250.
I guess my main concern was the new 800 engine anyway, may go RMK or the other crossover -type one I can't think of the name right now.

srt20

Please keep us posted on the sled. I am especially interested in the motor reliablity. I have some seat time on a few different Rushes, and I know the ride is second to none. I just hope these motors last. Thanks for the updates.

grtman

Prowrench, I've gotta tell you I picked up a Switchback Assault this year and have never been happier. I came off an '06 Switchback 600 HO (now my sons) and a '10 IQ LX600 (my wifes). I have never had so much fun on a sled and look forward to getting out every time I can.
I am a little bigger than you are and always had your same comcerns. I thought my '06 Switchback was a great ride, but it doesn't compare.
WE JUST NEED SOME SNOW IN SE WISCONSIN TO PUT SOME MORE MILES ON!
Hope that helps!

prowrench

Thanks, that's the one I couldn't remember, the Assault. Great to hear! I've ridden poos all my life, but I too am a little gunshy to go and buy a new one first year out. I have 2 ProX 800's now and have broken the crank on both.

indy_500

Thanks, that's the one I couldn't remember, the Assault. Great to hear! I've ridden poos all my life, but I too am a little gunshy to go and buy a new one first year out. I have 2 ProX 800's now and have broken the crank on both.

those era poo 800's were known to blow crank bearings. That's why they made the big boy crank bearing kit. How many miles did you get out of yours?

cpaum

What happens in deep snow is that there are two bars that run on the out side of the track. When you go into deep snow they drag the snow and slow you down. In powder it's not as bad because the snow is loose. But if it has a crust then you can tell. But I would give it up because of that. The ride out ways the drag. I will be at 2,000 shortly not a problem

90s

On my second Rush, last year 3800 smiling miles. Got the Rush LX this year, my concern was the 1" lug on the LX not hooking up as well as the 1.25" on last year's sled, but so far am satisfied with the track. The sled seems to roll easier & accelerate faster than last years. I know they made major changes to the rear skid. Have 500 miles on this year, time to start adjusting the suspension.

indyxcr

This is the fastest Polaris ever owned my 2009 800 Dragon is fast, but the new 2011 800 Rush PRO R is scary fast. Pulls the ski's off the ground, when going at 20 to 30 mph. I never had a sled go that fast ever, when I get 1,000 miles on it I plan to run it against anyone. Will be broke in by Feb 1st.

Like I said anybody can pull ski's off the ground from a dead stop, but I never had or seen a sled with no picks just stock at 30 mph stand the sled straight up, but I did, Polaris has the 800 Rush dialed in for perfection for once.

0 to 100 mph this is the sled.

indyxcr

Polaris has a radiator guard for the radiator $50.00, if you go off trail and drive through the trees hit a rock or small stump it will cost you.

You do not need this if you ride trails,roads,fields and ditches.

ggsled

demo ride

We did the rush demo ride this weekend in Tomahawk. Rode the 800 Rush Pro R. HOLY COW!!!! It is quite a machine. And the crew that ran the ride was great. If you get a chance ride it... Get it dialed in and enjoy the ride....