2012 800etec Maintenance

have a 12 800etec nearing 8k miles. had the lower end done at 4k via warranty. half the miles are with the wife and kids but checking if there is any recommendations on preventive maintenance? clutches, bearings any info would be appreciated. Tom

renegade

You can grease the outside crank bearings with isoflex grease. There is a cover behind the clutch that can be removed to get at seal. Take seal off, grease bearing, put new seal on. Mag side can be done by removing two bolts from stator and adding grease through the bolt holes. Google bearing budddies ski doo. I got mine from fett bros. Also a good time to inspect flywheel and stator.

blkhwkbob

Check your brake pads and also the front shock spring in your rear suspension. Those springs are prone to breaking as I found out last night.

momoney2123

have a 12 800etec nearing 8k miles. had the lower end done at 4k via warranty. half the miles are with the wife and kids but checking if there is any recommendations on preventive maintenance? clutches, bearings any info would be appreciated. Tom

IMO, I would tear your clutches apart and have them gone thru. Springs should be weak and replaced along with buttons in the primary and rollers in the 2ndary if they never have. When you take the 2ndary out there are bearings to check. Your driveshaft bearing behind the brake will be nearly dry by now, as will the jackshaft bearing on the QRS shaft. Either re-grease or replace these bearings as there's a good chance they could run dry and fail on you soon. Also check all your wheel bearings in suspension.

Also if those are orginal spark plugs id consider changing them as well.

As far as bottem end. 4k miles on a new bottom end isn't a ton. Id run it. you can put a bearing buddy if it makes you feel better. My cousins just went 11k and the bottom end did finally go.

Last edited: