2014 John Dee Ride-In

Dave_B

Thought I would throw out a thread to find out what plans people have made and, who will be there.

Talked to PR1 tonight. Sounds like we'll be heading up Thursday or Friday and just go with the flow.
The Ramada is almost booked up. We'll stay somewhere Saturday and count on Lenny to entertain us before heading to Houghton.

Anybody else have plans? Would love to see as many as possible.

This is ALWAYS a fun event!

garyl62

Heading up Wednesday with a buddy and staying at the super 8. Pre paid and got a room for under $60. Not sure if that price is still available. Would love to hook up any or all days of the weekend with some guys (or gals).

garyl62

Just checked again, 1 bed pre-paid with all taxes under $64. Two beds total $68.50. Queens a couple bucks more, channel view a couple more, but really parking lot view is great cause that's where the sleds are parked. Price includes breakfast but nothing special, waffles, hard boiled eggs, rolls, coffee, milk, fruit, bagels and toast.

Pool, sauna, hot tub. It's where we stay all the time when we're in town.

It's about 1/3 mile east of the bridge, on a trail that never gets groomed but hey, it works. Plenty of parking too.

I think the price is for a 3 night minimum but here is a link http://www.super8.com/hotels/michigan/houghton/super-8-houghton/hotel-overview

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, now I have to put in for time off

And buy your tickets to the event! Link on the home page only $50 per person for everything, a lot cheaper than the golf outing I get hit with all summer long.

D

Deleted member 10829

It looks like I will miss it this year as my wife turns 50 on February 1st. She tells me I can go, but I just can't miss a milestone birthday like that, I wouldn't feel right the whole weekend. :(

garyl62

It looks like I will miss it this year as my wife turns 50 on February 1st. She tells me I can go, but I just can't miss a milestone birthday like that, I wouldn't feel right the whole weekend. :(

Didn't she get a new sled this year? If I'm mistaken what better reason to buy her one! Make it a romantic weekend and have a Saturday night with 100 of your friends, we'll all sing happy birthday to her, she'll never for get it :)

D

Deleted member 10829

LMAO! I like that garyl62. I will run it past her tomorrow, the worst she can say is no. And she did get a new sled that needs some miles on it!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't she get a new sled this year? If I'm mistaken what better reason to buy her one! Make it a romantic weekend and have a Saturday night with 100 of your friends, we'll all sing happy birthday to her, she'll never for get it :)

Good one Gary.

I will be sure to make it happen if she and Mark attend!

-John

scottiking

I'm in!
Got the pre-party Karaoke Friday night at the Mosquito Inn again as usual!
I hope to see you all there!
Skylar and John plan to sing a duet- I have been told they have been practicing via Skype all summer!

Scottiking OUT

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm in!
Got the pre-party Karaoke Friday night at the Mosquito Inn again as usual!
I hope to see you all there!
Skylar and John plan to sing a duet- I have been told they have been practicing via Skype all summer!

Scottiking OUT

The Elf knock you in the head or something?