2014 Renegade 550f under 2k miles, what's it worth

wheels006

My 14yr old is looking for a new sled and I have knowledge of one that may be available. I am just unsure what it's worth? Basic Renegade w/ a 550f engine. Any help is appreciated. It's a friend so I don't want to low ball nor do I want to over pay. Thanks!

brad460

Honestly- The 550 Fan engine is terrible..horrible. Makes the Renegade worth $0 with that engine. Don't punish your 14 yr old with such a crappy engine. He/she is 14 and should easily be able to handle a liquid cooled sled- look for a 600 Sport or 600 Sport Renegade.

I bought one for my wife back in the day- just hated it! I am glad my father-in-law sunk it in Boom Lake.

1fujifilm

Honestly- The 550 Fan engine is terrible..horrible. Makes the Renegade worth $0 with that engine. Don't punish your 14 yr old with such a crappy engine. He/she is 14 and should easily be able to handle a liquid cooled sled- look for a 600 Sport or 600 Sport Renegade.

I bought one for my wife back in the day- just hated it! I am glad my father-in-law sunk it in Boom Lake.

I totally agree, the 600 carb motor rocks for the dollars associated, I just saw a 19 600 Gade Carb on Craigslist for like 5K, has high miles though.

Back to your question, I used to sell new Doo's from 2006-11 and still buy Doos for me.
2014 Renegade 550f under 2k miles value is $2,500 give or take $300.

Bear

wheels006

Thanks for both of your feedback! I'm trying to convince him to take my 05 MXZ, but he wants something newer. He has to buy this sled on his own, I told he and his brother(who bought a 12 MXZ) that they were on their last "dad provided" sled. So, I want him to get something that will last him awhile. He is coming off a 94 Ovation which I just reluctantly sold, I loved that thing. They got to keep the $ from whatever the last sled they rode was. Trying to teach some fiscal responsibility too while making sure I have riding partners for years to come! Thanks again!

sweeperguy

550 fanner although low power. I do not think is a terrible..horrible engine. Doo better than Poo on this motor. I had a 12 IQ 550f

brad460

Thanks for both of your feedback! I'm trying to convince him to take my 05 MXZ, but he wants something newer. He has to buy this sled on his own, I told he and his brother(who bought a 12 MXZ) that they were on their last "dad provided" sled. So, I want him to get something that will last him awhile. He is coming off a 94 Ovation which I just reluctantly sold, I loved that thing. They got to keep the $ from whatever the last sled they rode was. Trying to teach some fiscal responsibility too while making sure I have riding partners for years to come! Thanks again!

Awesome to hear your teaching the boys some financial responsibility! Best of luck finding the right sled..

T

Tracker

My 14yr old is looking for a new sled and I have knowledge of one that may be available. I am just unsure what it's worth? Basic Renegade w/ a 550f engine. Any help is appreciated. It's a friend so I don't want to low ball nor do I want to over pay. Thanks!

I would recommend a 570 Arctic Cat the bulletproof and run forever or a 99 600 EFI Arctic Cat as well either those you could run for thousands of miles and do nothing to it

renegade600

The 550 F is not a terrible engine. It is not a real powerful engine, but they do go forever. My wife bought a '06 550F GSX new and ran it for 8000 trouble free miles, only changed plugs added gas/oil and go..... still ran great when she traded for a '15 Renegade 900 ACE.... The one great thing about the 550F is they are very light sled....

SledTL

Dad has a GSX 550. Light sled (80ish mph), can run any gas, any oil, little to no snow. Its the "old school" that everyone begs for. No you cant cat walk it across a field but the thing just works.

wheels006

Thanks everyone! Buddy wants $3500 for it(he paid too much used from a dealer a couple yrs ago and never rides it). My kid really likes it, but I'm still not sure.