2016 Shootout 600 and 800s

fatdaddy

Pretty good race, I thought it was fair, they didn't say if the ski doo's had e start that i recall. Let see what they do in the snow.

L

lenny

It was a good video. Did the cat win on time trial. I saw 89 on radar but dont remember time

momoney2123

It was a good video. Did the cat win on time trial. I saw 89 on radar but dont remember time

Cat and doo were almost the same. 9.85 for doo 9.88 for cat.

Wana see how they compare after breakin. Supposedly D & D tested the 2016 800etec and it made less power out of break in on dyno. 165 in break in mode, 157 out. They used buds to manually take it out. I also think dyno tech was testing this. Waiting on article explaining results.

dynotech also dyno'd a new 2016 SKS.axys 800. 148-152 thru all the different runs. They tested different cans and a dyno jet PCV

D

Deleted member 10829

I couldn't believe the weight differences!

momoney2123

I couldn't believe the weight differences!

I knew the poos were lighter but thats little more than i thought, woula guessed around 20lbs. 800s was what 51x and xrs 55x. About 40 pounds xrs, 35 ish for X doo. XRS is about 5lbs heavier than X model. Are the poo short tracks 120 inch? Woulda thought they would run better being so much lighter. Cat is starting to rival Yamaha lol.

Doo was down in the poo weight back in 08, they found out too much stuff bent when pushed hard and jumped and beefed them back up. See if poo holds up better, if so kudos to them.

snobuilder

I didn't catch the ET on the Poo 800.
The driver backed off the throttle a second after taking off to straighten out the Pol. yet the top speed was very close to the Cat and Doo .

Then I think the guy with the gadget in hand said that it didn't read out the Pol. ET.

Clearly those 2 ef ups in the Pol.800 run should have warranted a rerun.

slimcake

What a waste of time. Sleds all in breakin mode with oil in the gas. On a mud/gravel track. With a guy who couldn't get the times right. For all we know the Poo could be the winner even having to get completley out of the flipper in the beginning. That and being almost 60 pounds lighter than the cat. 40 pounds lighter than the doo. Impressive.

momoney2123

What a waste of time. Sleds all in breakin mode with oil in the gas. On a mud/gravel track. With a guy who couldn't get the times right. For all we know the Poo could be the winner even having to get completley out of the flipper in the beginning. That and being almost 60 pounds lighter than the cat. 40 pounds lighter than the doo. Impressive.

Sometimes you gota take what mother nature gives ya. why is it pointless. they are going to do it again out of break-in to compare, in snow.....:confused:

momoney2123

Word on the street is etecs won at the am snow old forge shootout this weekend in 600 and 800, confirming the backyard shootout. They also said 800 etec beat the turbo sleds. Lot of people want doo to bring mach Z back..just need 800 etec ;) Waiting to see dyno results and times.