2016 Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900 ACE

orthodo

Looking at purchasing a used 2016 Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900 ACE 1,100 miles from a local dealer. Reviews seem to fit what I'm looking for in a "newer" sled primarily trail riding with some off trail, and occasionally 2-up riding. I've heard the ACE engines are low maintenance good MPG's.

Any issues I should look for when looking at the sled? Anyone have experience with this make/model?

Thanks for the input in advance.
I have several of these 900 ace engines in both two up and an older GSX(2015)
A buddy who has another GSX 900 ace had a relay fail locking him in reverse two years ago
the same thing happened to me this year
It won't strand you, but you have to know the trick, which is to swap relays next to the fuse box under the right side panel
I now carry several spares with me at all times
interweb reports that it occurs due to voltage spikes and newer relays are simply stronger
so, instead of fixing the problem they just applied a bigger bandaid
Not a huge issue, still love the sleds, kept mine and
bought a turbo last year and it goes like mad
all the great things about the 900 ace with much more power

2TrakR

A buddy who has another GSX 900 ace had a relay fail locking him in reverse two years ago
I had the relays on 2 of the 900s freeze on me this year, had to warm them up before the sled would start. One was in the trailer so threw the buddy heater at it and the other was out front of the motel, had to hold it in my bare hand for a few minutes.
I agree bringing a spare or two along is a good idea.
Kicker is the one sled had brand new "top dollar/never have that problem" brand of relays. Not so much I guess.

xcsp

I have several of these 900 ace engines in both two up and an older GSX(2015)
It won't strand you, but you have to know the trick, which is to swap relays next to the fuse box under the right side panel
I now carry several spares with me at all times
interweb reports that it occurs due to voltage spikes and newer relays are simply stronger
so, instead of fixing the problem they just applied a bigger bandaid
Not a huge issue, still love the sleds, kept mine and
bought a turbo last year and it goes like mad
all the great things about the 900 ace with much more power

When I had a '14 GSX 900ACE, I replaced the 2 relays for the reverse with a couple AnzoUSA relays and never had an issue after that.

1646013263294.png

SledTL

I had to replace the relays on my Viper for the same reason. The factory ones would get condensated from the engine heat in the cold so now I have epoxy sealed ones. Crazy to think you can't design a vehicle for the elements it will be used in right?

longtrack

I have never had a problem with pulling the reverse Lever on any of our 900 Sleds.

I have the value on my 2019 900 Renegade set at $8000 on my insurance. Seeing the price on the used ones, I should probably raise it.

Usually, I lower them $500 every spring.